How to wire a Key-on / AUX 10 pin rocker switch.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Drew this up today on how to wire the Key-On/AUX rocker switch from the club store. (Link)
It allows you to control a stinger and ultimately your accessory system with key-on or battery trigger allowing for key-off use.
Key-on would of course be tied to a key-on source linked to the primary battery.
The AUX can be a constant from the second battery giving you a 100% second battery reliant system when wired correctly and after the stinger.

For me, I chose to mount it to the left of the steering wheel so I could reach it from outside the machine. I can flip from key-on (off witih key off) to AUX easily. I have it wired so this one switch controls all my accessories. I can also set it to the middle so it is OFF when I am with the kids who like playing around with my main switch panel.

It does not necessarily have to be wired to a stinger. I don't use a stinger and instead, I use a relay set up to control different items. This switch powers the relay unit and the switch panel. When in AUX mode, it is 100% reliant on the second battery and I can let it stay on without worry of draining the primary.

LINK ---> AUX Battery - Key-on Rocker Switch, DPDT, ON/OFF/ON.

TWO WIRE DIAGRAMS.
LEFT
- this is wired so the switch backlights are on with the switch option. Meaning when it is UP the AUX will be lite, and when down the Key-on will be lite. The middle is off and no backlights.

RIGHT - this is if you want the switch backlights to be wired into your headlight or another connection point. Like when you don't care for switch backlights and only want them on at night.

Terminals 3cb07a47a9882e15175b6c84ed0de7d0eda995ac

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought one of these through the store. Do you know where I can get another without labeling and blue led? All I can find is momentary contact in blue. I would like to use it for a fan to run in both directions.

Reactions: ChadD
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Great idea.
I can add this to my inventory soon.
What kind of design would you like?
IN
(Fan in middle)
OUT

HOWEVER... The DPDT are in short supply. The blue is actually out. But I have found another Carling source where I can build blue ones. Being this, the pricing may be going up soon on them all. I already have an upcharge on just the blue.

See you are in Canada.. I will message you.

B

buttesink

Feb 11, 2018
RWC CA
Ownership

1. 700-2
This looks great and I'm in the process now of doing my 700 with a 10 pin DPDT.
Probably a stupid question, but when your down switched, in "key-on mode", you still do have function of your accessories correct? meaning you do not only have the use of accessories when the bikes shut down.
Which is ideally what I want, dual battery, key-on and use my accessories and use of the accessories with bike shut down and power coming from my second battery.
I would like to have backlights when the bike is running and was going to pull from my dash lights. I imagine I could switch the headlights and tie into the dash lights and still get the same functions as above?
As you can see I'm like most out there with a lot of questions :)

Really appreciate your help!!!

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. Switch down powers accessories with key on and will shut them off when key off. Switch up will power them on with or without key. Switch off gives no power to accessories. If all wired correctly.

B

buttesink

Feb 11, 2018
RWC CA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here's another question.
I'm planning to have all my switches backlit when keyed on and was planning to following the right diagram above "Lite with external"
There it shows to tie into the headlights. I'm thinking if I do that, in order for the switches to illuminate, when not in use, my headlights will have to be continuously on, correct?
I've heard tieing into the dash light but have had no luck finding information how to do that.
Do you guys recommend where it would be best to tie in?
Basically I have (2) 10 pin switches, (1) for Stinger / Accessories & (1) for Heater High off Low, (1) 7 pin for a winch and the rest are 5 pin for light bars / pod lights etc.
I'd like to have all these light up key on.
I did purchase a Honda Key on harness so that will tie into Stinger / Acc. switch
If it's going to be too complicated to go to a differet location, I'll go with headlight tie in, just where abouts would you suggest making that connection and I'm guessing it would be OK to "daisy chain' all the switches.
Trying to stay positive about the whole thing but wondering what I got myself into :)
I need to get all wrapped up with no worries close to the end of October, I have a Colorado hunt coming!!

Thanks for helping out!

B

buttesink

Feb 11, 2018
RWC CA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here's a thought
When I purchased the bike, I had dealer install some accessories. With that they installed a Honda Accessory Power Harness that tied into the main fuse box, white wire, maybe white / black need to check but I'm guessing that's an accessory bay. the harness also branched to the main battery with a 20 amp in line.
I've now removed that power harness and old accessory box with all new items going in. I was wondering if I could tie the switch backlights to that existing accessory connection, at that white wire that they spliced with a bullet terminal. I need to check but I think that fuse is a 10amp.
Just a thought

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!