P1000 Huntin Rig!!

NMelkaholic

NMelkaholic

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We been workin on our new 1KP5 for the last few months! Gettin it ready for Shed huntin and archery Elk Huntin.... and whatever else we can get into!! lol

I will have to get some pics together when I get a chance!!

So far the build is commin out sweet!!!

More later....
NMElkaholic

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We been workin on our new 1KP5 for the last few months! Gettin it ready for Shed huntin and archery Elk Huntin.... and whatever else we can get into!! lol

I will have to get some pics together when I get a chance!!

So far the build is commin out sweet!!!

More later....
NMElkaholic
Where in NM do you hunt and ride?

NMelkaholic

NMelkaholic

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have been ridin Polaris for the last 25 years , the places we hunt is very rough!!! pretty much like rock crawlin...
Polaris has been good to me... but the frames just don't hold up?? Every year after the archery Elk hunt I have to fix all the s*** that broke or cracked during the hunt...

So I started researching and heard great things about the Honda frames and durability.... So.. we made the change.
We will test it out this year.

NMElkaholic

NMelkaholic

NMelkaholic

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So.., In October I asked my wife if she wanted to go checkout the Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe.... ( I had already done my research... :) )
She said sure.... :D

Fully Decked out with almost everything I wanted to install... Hard Top, Split windshield, Winch, Upgraded LED headlights, mirrors, Blue tooth Stereo system... I think I am forgetting a few more things?? Everything is covered under The 5 year warranty except the Stereo...

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We have been ridin Polaris for the last 25 years , the places we hunt is very rough!!! pretty much like rock crawlin...
Polaris has been good to me... but the frames just don't hold up?? Every year after the archery Elk hunt I have to fix all the s*** that broke or cracked during the hunt...

So I started researching and heard great things about the Honda frames and durability.... So.. we made the change.
We will test it out this year.

NMElkaholic
Well good luck, I hope the Pioneer serves you well. We ride the SFNF and Carson NF and the Pecos Wilderness....

Reactions: sharp
NMelkaholic

NMelkaholic

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next was the rear back up lights... ( side note .. sorry about the pics etc... I have done a lot of builds!! Jeeps, Trucks, Harley's, boats etc... I did not document this build as well as I should have.)

20181208 143432

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!