P1000 I’m sorry but I need dual battery help

E

Eam22357

Jun 16, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m in the process of my install of my true am isolator stinger battery disconnect switch dual volt meter and fuse box. I am just wanting to make sure I have everything wired correctly. Primary to isolator to secondary from auxiliary to disconnect to stinger from stinger to fuse box. Does that sound right to everyone? I have a few little bumps with switches being fully illuminated when off but I think I can figure that out. Thank you all for being patient with me.
065A7E01 405F 48A5 99EF C110F064165C

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can’t tell but does it work? I will say I’m not a fan of the ground wire install, i‘d add a buss bar and run all your grounds directly from it and not bolt wires together.

I’d remove your intake and install all wires to your batt first then put it in and connect to everything else. Draw it out on paper and it’s pretty easy to do. Looks like you are there though but I don’t see a ground from your aux batt to tie into your grounds from the first for a common ground, buss bar makes this easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Millman13
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I get my battery Tuesday but I rigged it up to the primary batter to see and everything seemed to work. Having a little trouble with the volt meter but I think I’ll get it lined out tomorrow
Volt meter just run a hot off each side of the true isolator and then a neg to a relay to make the connections work. If your switches are staying lit you are back feeding somehow which could be from trying to power off the main batt till you get the second.

E

Eam22357

Jun 16, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Volt meter just run a hot off each side of the true isolator and then a neg to a relay to make the connections work.
I’ve got the two hots ran but got confused and wired it to the key on accessory wire but just realize that isn’t necessary since my stinger is ran to that.

Reactions: TxDoc and ChadD
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got the two hots ran but got confused and wired it to the key on accessory wire but just realize that isn’t necessary since my stinger is ran to that.
Yeah just the stinger needs that, easy fix you found quick.

E

Eam22357

Jun 16, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What I did was wire the complete second batt first and install it, to reduce the clutter, then I did the fuse box and then switches, usb charging and volt meter.
Ah unfortunately I’m waiting on my mighty max to be delivered Tuesday so I was trying to get a jump start on the process since I had everything else and had the day off.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you use the relay for the volt meter that came with the true am isolator?
Yes, it is required, the ground connection it makes is what turns power off to the volt meter when you turn it off. If you just run a ground then your volt meter will always be on as it goes to direct batt power.

E

Eam22357

Jun 16, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, it is required, the ground connection it makes is what turns power off to the volt meter when you turn it off. If you just run a ground then your volt meter will always be on as it goes to direct batt power.
Ok thank you for the information. I was trying to get as much done as possible then realized I never hooked up the relay so that’s probably my main issue I’m having.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok thank you for the information. I was trying to get as much done as possible then realized I never hooked up the relay so that’s probably my main issue I’m having.
Its an easy install and should solve your volt meter issue.

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sweet thank you so much I really appreciate it

This video might also help. He does a good job explaining every connection and even illustrates it beautifully.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!