P1000 I-4WD

E

ebkoz

Feb 27, 2017
new jersey
I was wondering if someone who has/had locking diffs and the new I-4WD compares, in reality.

Reactions: sharp
LakerBoy

LakerBoy

Jun 18, 2017
Lake Ozark
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have only owned my LE for a 7 days now and really haven't put it to the test. Only going up and down a 350' road to my dock in front of my house. I did feel a slip and an immediate jerk (power to another opposing wheel) which felt a bit odd not really expecting it. The main thing that I am feeling and hearing is the auto shifting which is so unique compared to the Teryx and Commander I have owned. As for the I4wd I think it is likely the best for the average guy but might be lacking for the hard core guys putting the Pioneer in the roughest of conditions. Time will tell, Im anxious to find out myself.

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have only owned my LE for a 7 days now and really haven't put it to the test. Only going up and down a 350' road to my dock in front of my house. I did feel a slip and an immediate jerk (power to another opposing wheel) which felt a bit odd not really expecting it. The main thing that I am feeling and hearing is the auto shifting which is so unique compared to the Teryx and Commander I have owned. As for the I4wd I think it is likely the best for the average guy but might be lacking for the hard core guys putting the Pioneer in the roughest of conditions. Time will tell, Im anxious to find out myself.

The only difference I have noticed is when you get one wheel of the ground or slipping in the mud, is the I-4WD will lock the brake on the spinning wheel and transfer power to the one getting traction. I actually made this happen crawling over some boulders.

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!