P1000 I FWD Light on

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the LE has 12 miles on it and has been siting in garage Had to start it and the I 4WD lights on and won't turn off checked fuses there all good, Anyone have any tips or idea, Maybe one of the Techs could chime in,Thinking I will finish all mods before taking back, All the stock wiring harness is untouched as everything running off second battery.

Reactions: sharp
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also the battery has been un hooked for days because I have been adding second battery, iso and running wires.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Drive it around it might go off. Could just be on due to battery disconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not option right now, Its all tore down, But will try that once its back together, I ordered a service manual but they on Back Order for the New 2017 le books..

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So the LE has 12 miles on it and has been siting in garage Had to start it and the I 4WD lights on and won't turn off checked fuses there all good, Anyone have any tips or idea, Maybe one of the Techs could chime in,Thinking I will finish all mods before taking back, All the stock wiring harness is untouched as everything running off second battery.
Is the shift lever in I-4WD or was it when it got parked before teardown? The machine has to move to disengage where the sensor affecting the dash light goes on/off when shifting into 2WD or Turf mode. If you are not driving it's much ado about nothing, point is moot until machine is in driveable condition.
17 Honda Pioneer 1000 LE lifestyle 06

Reactions: utvmi and sharp
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the shift lever in I-4WD or was it when it got parked before teardown? The machine has to move to disengage where the sensor affecting the dash light goes on/off when shifting into 2WD or Turf mode. If you are not driving it's much ado about nothing, point is moot until machine is in driveable condition.
View attachment 47095
Machine was drove into shop in turf mode and hasn't moved since. I will report back after Its back together enough to drive.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
A couple of people on Facebook had a similar problem and it wouldn't go off. I think they took it back to the dealer and they had a sensor (don't know which one) that was replaced and it fixed it but I can't find where the follow ups are now.

Reactions: utvmi
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A couple of people on Facebook had a similar problem and it wouldn't go off. I think they took it back to the dealer and they had a sensor (don't know which one) that was replaced and it fixed it but I can't find where the follow ups are now.
Thanks a Ton for the info, Machine will be drivable 1st part next week I hope..

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update so got everything put back together last night Took down the road and had to get up to about 45mph and the light went out...:D

So if you have the New I FWD and unhook battery(s) then this probably going to happen ever time after you re-hook power.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Glad everything is ok with ya rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Bigjim

Jun 28, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Canadian SXS. The 1st little ride the I-4WD light was not on. The next little ride, the light came on. for about 10 km. The next ride it went on and off several times for about another 30 km. When the light is on, hill start assist and other things will not work.

I now have around 100 km on and the light has not come back on and everything is working fine. Battery has never been disconnected other then dealer prep. Will be stopping at the dealer to see if there are any issues and see what they say. Will post any info.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just bought 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Canadian SXS. The 1st little ride the I-4WD light was not on. The next little ride, the light came on. for about 10 km. The next ride it went on and off several times for about another 30 km. When the light is on, hill start assist and other things will not work.

I now have around 100 km on and the light has not come back on and everything is working fine. Battery has never been disconnected other then dealer prep. Will be stopping at the dealer to see if there are any issues and see what they say. Will post any info.

I have found that the I-4WD system seems to be sensitive to low voltage, ie battery not being fully charged. Not sure why, but my guess is the electronics. Also have see the power steering light come on occasionally due to same condition. Once battery was fully charged, hasn't happened again.

B

Bigjim

Jun 28, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have found that the I-4WD system seems to be sensitive to low voltage, ie battery not being fully charged. Not sure why, but my guess is the electronics. Also have see the power steering light come on occasionally due to same condition. Once battery was fully charged, hasn't happened again.

Jackal, that makes sense. Using it this weekend.Will see how it goes. Will be doing a dual battery upgrade. Sometimes it’s good to pick other brains.Thanks for the info!

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cable adjustment and indicator lights are directly related. Took a good bit of adjusting my cables to make the appropriate light go on and off as expected with my LE. It works perfectly now.
Watch the YouTube video about cable adjustment.
Easy to do or ask dealer to do it.

Jim

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Cable adjustment and indicator lights are directly related. Took a good bit of adjusting my cables to make the appropriate light go on and off as expected with my LE. It works perfectly now.
Watch the YouTube video about cable adjustment.
Easy to do or ask dealer to do it.

Jim

The OP is referring to the yellow dummy light indicator that means there is a system issue, not the indicator that says 2WD / I4WD etc.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!