P1000 I Hate It When...

kenferg1

kenferg1

Jul 9, 2022
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I hate it when I'm not careful and buy something that doesn't fit my Pioneer. I'm a new Pioneer owner and wanted to get a turn signal/horn set up to make it road legal here in Tennessee. So, I ordered an XTC kit from Amazon. I didn't check the description carefully. It turns out the kit is for a Talon, and I'm outside my 30 day return window for Amazon. SMH... 😏

So, I guess you know where the XTC kit is going. But first I have to have a minimum of five posts to sell here. Oh, well. Post 1 is over!

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used the kit from the club store, pretty easy install.

BB15FF35 E85B 4DC7 9CB2 F6322A52CBE4

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I hate it when I'm not careful and buy something that doesn't fit my Pioneer. I'm a new Pioneer owner and wanted to get a turn signal/horn set up to make it road legal here in Tennessee. So, I ordered an XTC kit from Amazon. I didn't check the description carefully. It turns out the kit is for a Talon, and I'm outside my 30 day return window for Amazon. SMH... 😏

So, I guess you know where the XTC kit is going. But first I have to have a minimum of five posts to sell here. Oh, well. Post 1 is over!
Welcome from south Florida

Post some pics of your buggy and use the search option up top. Lots and lots of ideas and other useful info around here 👍

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the forum. You're not the first one to order stuff that doesn't fit, or to order something that just wasn't a smart choice. When it comes to these Honda's you're better off to just ask here first before ordering. It's pretty much all been done and you'll hear the good and the bad about whatever you're considering.

H

HondaTech

I've used SuperATVs base kit on several P1Ks.

The deluxe kit has the golf cart style stalk switch and doesn't fit on the steering shaft of the P1K. So the base kit is better, imo.

The rear turn signal wires will need extended, but the rest works fine depending on where you mount the relay. I put them on the passenger side and extend the switch/horn wires over to the drivers side.

I run the front through the rear of the headlight bucket. On 22 models I use the small flat spot to upper outside of the headlights. Older models depend on the bumper installed.

On the rear i follow the original tailight wiring and put them below the tailight in the bed.

kenferg1

kenferg1

Jul 9, 2022
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the input and the leads. Hopefully, I’ll have enough posts to put the XTC system in the sale section soon. I’m a lurker and like to use forums to see trouble, then try to get ahead of it.

Right now it’s a road queen. But, we are moving to a more rural location that will give us more options to ride. I can’t wait to get it on a trail.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for the input and the leads. Hopefully, I’ll have enough posts to put the XTC system in the sale section soon. I’m a lurker and like to use forums to see trouble, then try to get ahead of it.

Right now it’s a road queen. But, we are moving to a more rural location that will give us more options to ride. I can’t wait to get it on a trail.
Well, when you reply to this post, you'll have yer 5. 👍

Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. 😎

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Believe me, if you hang out here and do your research (that search box upper right) here, there's hardly anything you can think of that has not been addressed in some manner... Please be sure and come back and post up how whatever solution you may have come up with turns out... It may help someone else down the road avoid a mistake!
Again, Welcome to the forum!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!