I lost my bar snap! Where do I get one?

B

brainmanjjp

Mar 8, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a soft top for my 700-4 and I (or more accurately, my sister) lost my bar snap for the fiber rod that holds up the soft top. Anyone know where I can get one? I haven't found just a replacement bar snap anywhere and I (she) will not be buying a whole new top for one piece out of it. I have searched ebay, amazon and google and called my local dealer. No luck. Anyone out there have a sister that sucks as bad as mine and had to replace one?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any chance you have a picture of said bar snap? or a link to a pic of one that we can reference?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You are talking about the rubber piece that slides over the ROPS "roll cage"it has a hole for the fiberglass rod to slide into.
I lost one as well, I used a muffler camp and used a tiny hose clamp to clamp fiber rod to the extra bolt threads.
It worked for months till I found where I lost mine.i kept having issues with the rods coming out from debarking cherry trees.and then they would poke holes in roof.
I put silicon on rods and on rubber to roll age and it has not come off.
I looked everywhere for a replacement with no luck.

B

brainmanjjp

Mar 8, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
You are talking about the rubber piece that slides over the ROPS "roll cage"it has a hole for the fiberglass rod to slide into.
I lost one as well, I used a muffler camp and used a tiny hose clamp to clamp fiber rod to the extra bolt threads.
It worked for months till I found where I lost mine.i kept having issues with the rods coming out from debarking cherry trees.and then they would poke holes in roof.
I put silicon on rods and on rubber to roll age and it has not come off.
I looked everywhere for a replacement with no luck.
That's the one. I like your idea of clamping with a muffler clamp. I think I'll give that a go.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!