mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Our son in law just bought a new machine.
2020 RZR 1000 turbo.
186HP.
I drove it.
Holy sheeeeat!!!!

okay.. the best street bike I’ve ever owned is the Hayabusa in my shop, so I’m a HP junkie anyway..
Polaris’s may break. They may be unreliable.
But this sucker is nothing short of unreal.

30 foot burnie on dry pavement, followed by a rocket ride to **edit 73 mph edit**(not 83) where I had to back out cause I was running out of room..

I love my Pioneer. It does exactly what I bought it for, and does it well.
His new turbo is a kick in the backside!!
13577CAE 99A9 4447 B3F0 3EAB48A97FC4
4E5DC22A A8DF 4F33 88E7 23C823395207
C20805B6 EE8C 44A8 A8E4 5A512A868C19

Last edited:
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Our son in law just bought a new machine.
2020 RZR 1000 turbo.
186HP.
I drove it.
Holy sheeeeat!!!!

okay.. the best street bike I’ve ever owned is the Hayabusa in my shop, so I’m a HP junkie anyway..
Polaris’s may break. They may be unreliable.
But this sucker is nothing short of unreal.

30 foot burnie on dry pavement, followed by a rocket ride to 83 mph, where I had to back out cause I was running out of room..

I love my Pioneer. It does exactly what I bought it for, and does it well.
His new turbo is a kick in the backside!!View attachment 200835View attachment 200836View attachment 200837
They are nice and fast, my buddy has a 19' turbo S. The thing looks bada** (back seat is kid only friendly) besides the facts that they break a lot, it is fast as heck. But where we live/ride its very hard to let it loose. By the time you get up to speed its very likely you'll be infront of a tree or in a mud hole. Other regions with open areas with dunes and such I understand. But maybe a Talon 4, Rzrs aren't cheap by any means either.

But yes! They are FAAAASSSSTTTT!! 😲
20191228 175112

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah, I drove a rzr 900xp a few years ago. It was fast, but surely not nearly as fast as a turbo. Even the 900 is just too much for what I do. I really didn't care for the twitchy handling. I had to put it in 4wd to keep it between the ditches on a dirt road! I have a couple friends with new Generals. Those are a really great, comfortable machine. But yeah, not as tough and reliable as a honda. Even the General owners will tell you that.

If i had that turbo, guaranteed i'd have a few beers and ruin a belt doing burnouts every weekend because i'm dumb like that.

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I guess speed is ok in the sand dunes or wide open field but on the trails you can only go so fast without endangering your self or others on the trail. Hope he enjoye's it . I'll stay with my honda 1000 ,

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My neighbor had one just like it. Very fast and he knew it the jack hole! He was under it fuc£ing with it every other day and ordering parts. I just smiled as I passed him while it sat there as he cussed while working on it 😁
It was his second one. The first one was a 2 seater and a Chit show of problems. The second one was a 4 seater and a fuc£ show that time! Lmao he sold it and hasn’t bought anything else in 2 years

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I used to have a Polaris it wasn't a belt eater. But it was a axle eater along with little pissy issues. It was fairly expensive to keep going . The transmission was the last straw. I fixed it sold it. Bought my 700 because of its dependability . I love that thing . O regrets. If i ever feel i need a bigger machine it would be a KRX.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
He looked at the Talon really hard.. in the end, he decided he didn’t want a “first year” machine. I have to say I can’t blame him for that.
We do have a big area of dunes here where he and his buddies have been riding MX bikes at for years. The dunes are the only place to utilize all the HP this machine puts out.
A good buddy of both of ours owns a speed shop here, and makes turbo kits for the 1000. His is a 17 yr model, right now all he has is a tune in it, which bumps the HP to 200. He rips it at the dunes on a regular basis, both here and in the coast..
He’s never broken.
No blown belts either. He says it’s the guys the blatantly abuse them that end up breaking stuff all the time.

like I said before.. my Honda does exactly what I need. No need to change.

R

rickoshea

i have no regrets getting my p1k and will never part with it.i use the dump box more than i thought i would and i knew i'd need it.i can't use turbo power where i ride,i'd be dead in a day,that's why i want the krx.and i will have one.something for work,something for play.i ride solo so reliability is key for me.

Reactions: Smitty335 and mjn
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!