BOX1

I Wanna: OEM P1000 Front Shocks

Joshua2639

Joshua2639

Jul 30, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
Similar to another recent post - I am looking for four (4) P1000 OEM front shocks to upgrade my P700. I got the all-clear from Cdaily3 that he got his 4 shocks, so not stepping on his post.

At the risk of getting roasted for this, I will be up front that I am really looking for the P1000 front shocks that cost a case of beer, not as interested in the ones that cost $300. I am in MN, about an hour north of the Twin Cities. I would be happy to come pick up or pay shipping.

Your OEM shocks may very well be worth $300 - no doubt. This would just be a fun project to wrench on the bike with my girls and less of something I need to do. Hopefully that explains the cost of beer versus hundreds of dollars. Last winter my 10yo daughter and I took apart my motorcycle front forks, suspensions, and steering column. Results? I didn't crash after putting it back together and hopefully my daughter is building some mechanical/engineering skills to help me out when I am old and crusty.

Josh

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Similar to another recent post - I am looking for four (4) P1000 OEM front shocks to upgrade my P700. I got the all-clear from Cdaily3 that he got his 4 shocks, so not stepping on his post.

At the risk of getting roasted for this, I will be up front that I am really looking for the P1000 front shocks that cost a case of beer, not as interested in the ones that cost $300. I am in MN, about an hour north of the Twin Cities. I would be happy to come pick up or pay shipping.

Your OEM shocks may very well be worth $300 - no doubt. This would just be a fun project to wrench on the bike with my girls and less of something I need to do. Hopefully that explains the cost of beer versus hundreds of dollars. Last winter my 10yo daughter and I took apart my motorcycle front forks, suspensions, and steering column. Results? I didn't crash after putting it back together and hopefully my daughter is building some mechanical/engineering skills to help me out when I am old and crusty.

Josh
I've got the factory shocks from my pk1-3 less than 900 miles I'd be happy to trade for that case of beer lol. I'm in ohio let me know what you figure out.

Joshua2639

Joshua2639

Jul 30, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
Awesome, one set down - one to go! (for those not familiar, the mod posted by Russ989 requires 4 front shocks)

Ohio4x4, I will PM you shortly. Thank you!

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
Joshua2639

Joshua2639

Jul 30, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
Bump

Still looking for front shocks (P1000) if anyone has a pair not in service.

Josh

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!