BOX1

P500 Idaho Desert build

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Probably should of waited until tomorrow to post the first of my build threads, but most of the powder coated pieces I built were done tonight and Im super happy with my bumper mod, should of waited till good light to take a decent photo but this kind of gives you the idea. And is a little different. Hope I got this posted in the right section.
Brush guard 1

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
OMG! That is awesome looking.

Please share more.
I was probably a little O.C.D on this build but I had in my head what I wanted and went with it. I wanted to protect the outside of the machine. I just set it in place for the photo and will bolt her on tomorrow when I get home from work. I also have brackets to run stainless steel cable from the corners of the brush guard to the roof brackets out of all stainless these will be the limb / brush deflectors. I haven't gone to fast with this build because I've been putting in a ton of overtime but that has let me be a little more methodical on the build and in the end that will keep her a little more custom.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What size tires? They look huuuge!

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Probably should of waited until tomorrow to post the first of my build threads, but most of the powder coated pieces I built were done tonight and Im super happy with my bumper mod, should of waited till good light to take a decent photo but this kind of gives you the idea. And is a little different. Hope I got this posted in the right section.View attachment 11884
I'm really liking that blue, great job on the bumper!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
What size tires? They look huuuge!
27x12x12 They measure a true 28 tall. LOVE THEM!!!!!!! I have two friends, rode theirs and got input on here, almost went 9 wide but ABSOLUTELY love the 12 wide and how it rides.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh, they are 12" all they way around. That's why, it looks real good.

I've been seriously thinking about adding a P500 as a side kick to the P1000. Maybe, just maybe.

Reactions: 500oneer and Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Oh, they are 12" all they way around. That's why, it looks real good.

I've been seriously thinking about adding a P500 as a side kick to the P1000. Maybe, just maybe.
To do the trails here I had too... I have a 4runner modded as a family side by side lol.. I do photo's for a few outdoor magazines so this will get back to the critters around here.

Reactions: mrfixinthangz
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I can't wait for you to update us with more pics.

Again, great job.

Reactions: Stacy
cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
Probably should of waited until tomorrow to post the first of my build threads, but most of the powder coated pieces I built were done tonight and Im super happy with my bumper mod, should of waited till good light to take a decent photo but this kind of gives you the idea. And is a little different. Hope I got this posted in the right section.View attachment 11884
That thing looks incredible! Should be a fantastic back woods machine.

C

Chooglin

Awesome job on the bumper !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What I great job you have done. It's nice to see a local guy on here. I'm from Richfield so I will definitely have to keep on eye on your build. I would assume your first pic is just a tease of what's left to come. Where did you get your powdercoating done? Here in Twin?

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Got a pic to load, today. Awesome job on that brush guard. I also went wide on my front tires. Running 27"x 11"s all around. Not sure why more people don't try it. I have had no issues with rubbing or steering.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Looking at it, again, (I'm also somewhat OCD) I have to say that brush guard is something else. I also love the way you recessed the LED lights into the bumper. Very clean lines. My hat's off to you!

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
BadAss......
good job....

Reactions: trigger and Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
What I great job you have done. It's nice to see a local guy on here. I'm from Richfield so I will definitely have to keep on eye on your build. I would assume your first pic is just a tease of what's left to come. Where did you get your powdercoating done? Here in Twin?
Yes here in twin @ Magic valley powder coat, their is also a place in Kimberly as well.

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Got a pic to load, today. Awesome job on that brush guard. I also went wide on my front tires. Running 27"x 11"s all around. Not sure why more people don't try it. I have had no issues with rubbing or steering.
Love them, I agree I'm surprised more don't run them but I think a lot of them don't want to do any type of frame mod.
Looking at it, again, (I'm also somewhat OCD) I have to say that brush guard is something else. I also love the way you recessed the LED lights into the bumper. Very clean lines. My hat's off to you!
thankyou!

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes here in twin @ Magic valley powder coat, their is also a place in Kimberly as well.
Thanks I have a couple of items that I would like coated but didn't know anyone that has had anything done. I will have to give them a try. Enjoy the Rig.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!