Talon Idle speed

spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
Do you have to have a programmer/tech computer to lower the idle speed on the Talon's? I really think if I lower the idle speed the transmission will be more apt to mesh into low gear better.

Reactions: CID
spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
The clutches are open below about 1,800 so I don't think a lower idle speed will help.
Maybe not, I've got a lot to learn about the mechanical inner workings of this transmission. I will start the year down next week.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If the idle speed is fast enough to be dragging engagement, then you would get gear clash when moving the shifter. That is not the symptom I have seen described.

Last edited:
Reactions: spentcoins
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Do you have to have a programmer/tech computer to lower the idle speed on the Talon's? I really think if I lower the idle speed the transmission will be more apt to mesh into low gear better.
DynoJet PowerVision 3 will do it but it doesn't help. I already tried so save your money unless you want the PV3 to do some custom tuning.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!