P1000 Ignition Switch wiring diagram

F

FlagHonda

Mar 30, 2017
Flagstaff
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can anyone give me the color codes for the wires coming from the ignition switch on a Pioneer 1000-5? I would like to wire in a toggle switch to turn things on and a push button for the starter. That way I can start it when I forget the key! I see the connector behind the battery area, so that is where I would like to tap into. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes, and No.
Not recommended you tap the IGN wire for "key on power". You should tap that 15amp acc fuse/CIG acc plug wire for this. that way its protected by the fuse in case something goes wrong. Not saying it want work, just I wouldn't do it.

Standby for info on the ign wire diagram.

Reactions: BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Upload 2018 8 18 23 16 59

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I spent sometime looking for a push button proximity key system. No luck without all the other bells and whistles I didn't need.
It would be cool to have one...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!