Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Have an incline meter app on phone for tilt display. Wondering what is the general safe limit for side hilling? Know it depends on driver only or with passenger. Any experience?

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
Interesting. I was thinking about the same thing. I am new enough with the sxs that it always seems like it is about to go over even though I know it wont. it would be nice to have an actual reference.

Reactions: rocmar and JTW
Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
It's very subjective.. and who purposely wants to test that!?
Thats a good point too. I guess it would just be nice to look down, realize I am being a p---y, and then mob on it. The switch from 4wlr to SxS is taking me longer than I thought it would. I usually have my 8 year old with me which makes me a little more cautious as well. Plus, I REALLY dont want to spill my beer.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Have an incline meter app on phone for tilt display. Wondering what is the general safe limit for side hilling? Know it depends on driver only or with passenger. Any experience?
YES THIS WAS TOOO FAR IMG 5537

J

JTW

Thats a good point too. I guess it would just be nice to look down, realize I am being a p---y, and then mob on it. The switch from 4wlr to SxS is taking me longer than I thought it would. I usually have my 8 year old with me which makes me a little more cautious as well. Plus, I REALLY dont want to spill my beer.
I agree.. they're hard to "feel"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Duckiller
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There's no litmus test for this. And where a 12* angle may be just fine at the moment, all it takes is a two inch rock, branch or above ground root on the high side to flip it.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There's more pics of a P5 on its side than any I believe. Everyone can feel the machine respond when it gets into a compromised position. Slow is the order when that happens.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
If your ass cheeks grab
your seat....YOUR GONNA
TIP....natural instinct is to
put your arm out....have
nets on...or ....snap of an
arm....out in the middle
of BFE....not good.....
be safe
Yeah, I put the nets up when I am out in the BLM. Around the neighborhood, once again it gets in the way of my beer. Entire thing is a different feel.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
After so many years with an Atv and used to body lean, trying to get used to feeling on a side by side. Get the same feeling on the Kubota tractor when a rear wheel gets airborne! Rolled my FJ40 with my girlfriend 30 years ago...and still married to her!,

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
i say speed is the answer , like a banked wall on a travk
I think you're right...the two times I tipped I think it was due to not having the momentum to see me through...of course the one was a rut in the mud so I couldn't see it-LOL

Reactions: JTW and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
After so many years with an Atv and used to body lean, trying to get used to feeling on a side by side. Get the same feeling on the Kubota tractor when a rear wheel gets airborne! Rolled my FJ40 with my girlfriend 30 years ago...and still married to her!,
HaHa..
she didnt keep ya,,,
for your driving skills

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I think you're right...the two times I tipped I think it was due to not having the momentum to see me through...of course the one was a rut in the mud so I couldn't see it-LOL
Operater error....

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
But is she still your girlfriend ?

Reactions: JTW
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
My wife's tilt meter goes off before mine, and even more so if it is leaning her way. It is usually a very audible alarm in my right ear, along with grabbing my right arm. ;) We do travel along the side of a number of hills. We just go slow and make sure we know what the tires are going over. The only "near rollover" we have had, was backing up in relatively flat forest area and the rear wheel dropped in an unseen hole. We were teetering on going over, but body leaning and pulling back out slowly saved it. With any new vehicle you have to get the confidence with what it can do. Gone are the days where I would push it past the limits.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!