P1000 Injector harness symptoms

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those of you that had to replace the injector harness, what symptoms did you have? Would it run rough all the tie or come and go? Mine died in Tackett 3 different times. Restarted each time. Had to ride black top back to the truck and I noticed it would occasionaly run weird at part throttle, part load. Not really a miss. Then it would die. Have to pull over and it would restart. Did not think about letting the key stay on long enough to see a code.
Hoping to pull it apart and check the harness this weekend.

Reactions: TripleB
ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Jardín, Antioquia - Colombia, South America!
Ownership

1. 1000-5
for me it started with the random shutdown and always going uphill with power.
soon it occasionally would bog on start up and eventually it just felt under powered or somehow restricted.
I bought the kit here via the forum, replaced both and noticed a difference as soon as I fired up the motor.
Been running great since then, so I highly recomend the swap.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
For those of you that had to replace the injector harness, what symptoms did you have? Would it run rough all the tie or come and go? Mine died in Tackett 3 different times. Restarted each time. Had to ride black top back to the truck and I noticed it would occasionaly run weird at part throttle, part load. Not really a miss. Then it would die. Have to pull over and it would restart. Did not think about letting the key stay on long enough to see a code.
Hoping to pull it apart and check the harness this weekend.
YES.. could be all this.

It loses connection depending on how the engine is pulling/moving at the current time.
Uphill could be it.. Downhill/flat could be fine. or visa-versa. Acceleration but idle or slow speed fine.
Sometimes the machine will crank. But some throttle it cuts off. Sometimes you have to ride it to cut off.

The wire will not appear to be broken or loose. Inside the insulation, the copper is broken.
Usually right at the head of the connector.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordering the parts from the store in the morning! Gotta be it.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20200514 190608

Rear injector harness...wiggled and machine would stall. Pulled right apart.

Removed pins, soldered everything and added some liquid tape for added support and vibration resistance.

20200514 193309

Just gonna throw new plug kit in trail spare box when it arrives.

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've a 19 model, anyone know if this has been corrected by then or is it something I may have to fix?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've a 19 model, anyone know if this has been corrected by then or is it something I may have to fix?
I believe Honda tried to fix it once in 17 without success. It is a cheap part to buy and throw in your toolbox or glovebox.

If it ever happens, it can be a quick trail side repair.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It took longer to get to the plug than to take it apart and solder it back together...

I got the kit from Hondasxs the other day. Quality piece! Keeping it in my toolbox for trail repair.

Reactions: sek-hunter
WilliamRamey

WilliamRamey

Nov 7, 2019
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2018 PK1- 5, 460 miles. Nearly stranded me last weekend. Would shut down under power going uphill. Had to restart 4 times getting up onto the trailer. Check engine code, one long flash, three short flashes confirmed the problem to the fuel injector. Copper wire broken at the head of the connector. Three repair connector kits arrived this morning, will keep one with me from now on. Pack a fair amount of repair parts and tools....can't believe i did not anticipate this problem.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!