P500 Installing 3000 pound champion winch

W

Woodman2020

Nov 27, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
2018 pioneer installed champion winch everything wired except the remote up-and-down red wire goes to Ignition which red wire on the ignition does it go to red or red/White stripe or red/black stipe everything else is wired but it doesn’t work I guess this red one hooks into the ignition switch

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
While you can wire to the ign. Please consider alternate options. If you short that connection you will be stranded.

Instead. Use the ACC cigarette wires.

We have a nice key-on harness in the club store if interested.

W

Woodman2020

Nov 27, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Better idea much easier to hook into the power wire on the ACC cigarette wire thanks hope this winch works now my first post so I’m on a bit of a learning curve

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Kinda poor that Honda doesn’t just include the accessory sub harness with 4 power pigtails as standard equipment. Would likely only cost them $5 bucks at most. Welcome to the posting @Woodman2020 .

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Kinda poor that Honda doesn’t just include the accessory sub harness with 4 power pigtails as standard equipment. Would likely only cost them $5 bucks at most. Welcome to the posting @Woodman2020 .
Not including the $2 wheel caps saved them a million dollars.

W

Woodman2020

Nov 27, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
For sure it cost next to nothing to throw in extra sub harness in I think it’ll take me a little time to get used to this posting it seems like a good site thanks for the welcome Mudder

Reactions: Smitty335
T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
Just get the subharness it is only a few bucks and it is plug in and hook up. No splicing. I had a bad experience with spliced wires once upon a time and learned my lesson.

W

Woodman2020

Nov 27, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Well my next accessories will be installing a light bar up front and a couple lights on the back of the roof, I just bought an Odyssey battery to install up under the hood then I’ll transfer all the lighting and winch to the axillary battery.

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!