P1000 Is a updated/new design P1000 on the horizon for 2021?

E

Engmoose

Feb 22, 2020
ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, I'm completely new here so forgive me if this question has already been put out here.

I've been researching SxS's, been looking at the Ranger, Defender and Pioneer 1000-5, I narrowed my interest between the defender hd10 max and the Pioneer 1000-5. I know the two don't exactly compare "apple to apple". With both the ranger and defender having been recently updated and given the design age of the P1000-5 and Honda's recent intro of the Talon's. I can't help but wonder if the pioneer is up next for an update or redesign.

I ask the question only due to leaning towards the Honda over the Can-Am. I don't want to pull the trigger on a P1000-5 only to have a newly redesigned one come out a few months later.

Does anyone have any insight or knowledge on/of the question?

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda’s product lifespan is very long. In other words, they are notorious for bringing successful platforms along for many years with small incremental changes. The Pioneer 1000 was introduced in 2016. I would predict there will be no model updates for quite a few years. The Pioneer will stay as it is. completely new model to add to the SxS lineup? That would be hard to predI think, but currently Honda does not have a model to directly compete with the Polaris General. Can Am has the woefully outdated Commander and Polaris has demonstrated it is a wildly popular segment. If you looking for a utility model that will double for trail duty that has a high reliability factor, the Pioneer is tough to beat. The HD-10 Max is certainly a worthy model and would be a good pick if you need a lot of room. Trouble is, it’s big and long. If your riding situation supports that, then it’s a great choice. I own a 2019 Can Am 570 Outlander and it’s been a great trail machine. The Pioneer offers great flexibility in a smaller package that’s got an awesome drivetrain. O would base my decision on need.

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!