P1000 Is anyone running 4/137 lug pattern wheels?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just curious how these worked out, if anyone has tried them on the P1k.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My sti wheels are 4/137. They seem to fit perfect.

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

Reactions: PioneerPete
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My sti wheels are 4/137. They seem to fit perfect.

Signature:

Thanks buddy... are you still running those WE shocks? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on those, but wanted to make sure they are worth it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've still got one more day to do some tests and then I'll make an official review.

I'll probably know a lot more after going back to stock.

Signature:

Reactions: JTW
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've still got one more day to do some tests and then I'll make an official review.

I'll probably know a lot more after going back to stock.

Signature:

that doesn't sound like they make the difference that I'm hoping for... I would have thought there would be no doubt... night and day kind of thing...

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks like fox will have some soon and you may be able to get the Honda OEM. Then there's walker evans and elka. It's about time we had some choices here.

I got to see the Elka's but didn't get to pilot Snuffnwhiskey's vehicle with them. I hope to soon so I can see how they perform.

Signature:

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like fox will have some soon and you may be able to get the Honda OEM. Then there's walker evans and elka. It's about time we had some choices here.

I got to see the Elka's but didn't get to pilot Snuffnwhiskey's vehicle with them. I hope to soon so I can see how they perform.

Signature:

didn't you run the walker evans on your ride for a while? should I hold off on those? I guess I can wait for fox, but dang... I'm ready to smooth this ride out!

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was planning to get the walker evans front and rears, but wanted some confirmation that I wouldn't be disappointed after spending $2k...

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
didn't you run the walker evans on your ride for a while? should I hold off on those? I guess I can wait for fox, but dang... I'm ready to smooth this ride out!

I'm still running them and they are awesome. I'm only using the fronts right now.

Btw, sway bar removal is great for the low speeds we usually ride. It's easy and helps smooth it out some. Leave the bar and remove the links also you can easily hook it back up.

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm still running them and they are awesome. I'm only using the fronts right now.

Btw, sway bar removal is great for the low speeds we usually ride. It's easy and helps smooth it out some. Leave the bar and remove the links also you can easily hook it back up.
cool, thanks for the info... I really want to be able to run higher speeds without feeling like I'm rattling the screws out of everything. I'm hoping the walkers on all four corners will get me there! if I'm still not satisfied, I guess it'll be time to unhook the sway bar.

Reactions: JTW and Delton
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I might have to see if santa can afford some walker evans aluminum beadlocks too... the 14x7 wheels from walker only weight 17lbs each... any idea how much a 14x7 alloy msa beadlocker weighs?

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Consider just the front shocks and leave the rear shocks alone with the sway bar removed. It's pretty damn good.

Signature:

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
cool, thanks for the info... I really want to be able to run higher speeds without feeling like I'm rattling the screws out of everything. I'm hoping the walkers on all four corners will get me there! if I'm still not satisfied, I guess it'll be time to unhook the sway bar.
You should unhook the swaybar before getting the shocks, just to see the difference they make alone. Only takes couple mins to hook them back up if you don't like it. I love how mine rides without it. Little more body rock at times but I totally expected that.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You should unhook the swaybar before getting the shocks, just to see the difference they make alone. Only takes couple mins to hook them back up if you don't like it. I love how mine rides without it. Little more body rock at times but I totally expected that.
I may get around to that, but I do a fair amount of road riding with my family on board, so I'm concerned about higher speed handling. and you know there are no straight roads around here!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine handles the sharp curves on my road same as it did before. Granted I'm not loaded down with family like yours. Is yours lifted?( Can't remember). I think the HL kit is one reason mine is still stable on those curves

Reactions: JTW
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
No lift for me... @drfubar says lifts are for cheaters, and I'm inclined to agree... (=
Mine isn't "lifted" either but the Fox shocks did lift it up 3 inches or so. Not sure if the 1000 will be the same as the 700 but mine feels more stable with the aftermarket shocks and no sway bar. I'm making that comparison with stock shocks and a sway bar.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No lift for me... @drfubar says lifts are for cheaters, and I'm inclined to agree... (=
I'm being misquoted Mr. Pete.
My quote was, "I hate adding lift to a rig that already has good clearance. (It's more challenging in stock form)". You may have heard "lifts are for cheaters".:rolleyes:

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll be the first to admit I see no real benefit to the increased clearance. I smashed the crap out of my skid this weekend. The real advantage is the improved ride quality. My thinking is the plates securing the 2 shock mounts together up front is what's helping. Wouldn't be hard at all to fab up those supports minus the lift. I know I could tell the difference with the strut tower braces on my old SRT4. Same principle. Ties them together but still leaves each corner independent as far as suspension goes.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!