P1000 Is anyone using the Run Wild Powesports Cooling kit with thermostat?

D

davidbrickey

Dec 1, 2021
Parrish, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I stumbled on the this thermostat and cooling kit from Run Wild Powersports. Is anybody running this setup?

I am in FL with alot of sugar sand, and I hit 3 bars often on my new machine. Summer isn't even here yet.

Anyhow, out of principal I don't want to order from that other company, so this might be a good alternative.

Honda Pioneer 1000 Cooling Kit

Reactions: Lady01
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Never heard of it.
We have sugar sand everywhere in Norther Mi and never overheated from it. If your getting debris in your radiator that’s causing you to overheat this kit ain’t gonna help that. Regardless if you’re having issues from time to time you Should go to the club store and get you the fan override kit so you can have control of your radiator fan at any time to turn it on keep the system cool. Cheaper than that get you have posted ;)

D

davidbrickey

Dec 1, 2021
Parrish, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Never heard of it.
We have sugar sand everywhere in Norther Mi and never overheated from it. If your getting debris in your radiator that’s causing you to overheat this kit ain’t gonna help that. Regardless if you’re having issues from time to time you Should go to the club store and get you the fan override kit so you can have control of your radiator fan at any time to turn it on keep the system cool. Cheaper than that get you have posted ;)
I actually ordered the override kit from the club store yesterday. My machine is brand new, not even 100miles on it yet, and the radiator looks brand new still. I actually clean it out real real good after every ride regardless. It didn't start doing this until I put the 45% portals and 35's on it. The humidity and heat is hell on machines down here unfortunately.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I actually ordered the override kit from the club store yesterday. My machine is brand new, not even 100miles on it yet, and the radiator looks brand new still. I actually clean it out real real good after every ride regardless. It didn't start doing this until I put the 45% portals and 35's on it. The humidity and heat is hell on machines down here unfortunately.
Let's see some pics of the buggy bro. Whatever happened with the funky tabs on the arms? I remember you were having issues with fitment...

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the threads for burping/purging air from your coolant system. Many have come from the factory with air pockets in them.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
“It didn't start doing this until I put the 45% portals and 35's on it.”

Well, there’s yer problem right there. 👆🏻

D

davidbrickey

Dec 1, 2021
Parrish, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
“It didn't start doing this until I put the 45% portals and 35's on it.”

Well, there’s yer problem right there. 👆🏻

Maybe I had too high of hopes. My talon had the same reduction on 40's and It never even though about running hot. and that was with alot more miles, and a much dirtier radiator. ughhhh

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Maybe I had too high of hopes. My talon had the same reduction on 40's and It never even though about running hot. and that was with alot more miles, and a much dirtier radiator. ughhhh
Try burping the radiator. some had air in them to make it over heat. But Im sure thats bot your problem. The Pioneer is a little different than the Talon.

So do that, Install that fan override with a On/off/auto type switch, drive it and get back. Also, watch the weight if those big tires. Too heavy and your really pushing it hard.

NoHomo 🤨

Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Besides burping the lines and the override switch, your next best bet is to relocate the radiator. Guy in my neighborhood did it on his P1K5 and hasn't had any issues. He did it before he ever overheated but still. He's running 6" portals with a lift and 37's.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Portals and FL mud, huh? Mud is actually pretty good at absorbing heat, you just need to drive though the mud faster so it makes it all the way through the radiator. Yeah, that's it!

No need to thank me, you're welcome.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!