P1000 Is heat issue still an issue for 2020/2021 models

S

SoCoRuss

Jul 2, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is the heat issue an issue for the current models? I am thinking about getting a 2021 1000-5. But the last time I looked at these back in 2016., the heat was too bad, before the fix I guess, just like the Can Am Commander at that time.
If yes, then Is it happening no matter where you have the windshield or side panels on or off. We dont ride with any windshields on our current Polaris RZR in summer, it gets warm in them also if you close the cab any. The price of these is way too high to have to put up with high heat problems.

These vehicle of all brands are getting to theprice point, you might as well get a JEEP, it would be cheaper and give you more options.....

jdgriner

jdgriner

Sep 4, 2019
Pacific Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't notice any heat problems, until I bury the engine and water oh, and we get blasted to steam, but only when I run it through water

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleB and JenElio
L

lavahunter

May 18, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ive got a 2020 1000d3 model and it still got pretty warm until I installed the back cover/window. It seemed like most of the heat was coming up between the seat back and the bed. I've got the hard top and a 2 piece windshield and with it open a couple of inches the air circulates over our heads and behind us making it very comfortable in upper 80 degree weather.

Reactions: JenElio
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is the heat issue an issue for the current models? I am thinking about getting a 2021 1000-5. But the last time I looked at these back in 2016., the heat was too bad, before the fix I guess, just like the Can Am Commander at that time.
If yes, then Is it happening no matter where you have the windshield or side panels on or off. We dont ride with any windshields on our current Polaris RZR in summer, it gets warm in them also if you close the cab any. The price of these is way too high to have to put up with high heat problems.

These vehicle of all brands are getting to theprice point, you might as well get a JEEP, it would be cheaper and give you more options.....
They get hot. Especially if u have a roof and windshield. You're sitting on top of the motor so there is only so much u can do to prevent heat. Definitely get a flip up windshield. Get fox shocks and you can drive 25mph where a jeep can only do 10mph.

S

SoCoRuss

Jul 2, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We usually don't use a windshield when its warm at all. I wouldn't think the roof would make any difference unless you had side panels that held heat in? On the 1000-5 I see folks saying the heat seems to travel to the back more? Then something about heat from the shifter holes?

I'm not a fan of the supposed FOX shocks that come on the various brands. they all seem to be fake FOX shocks. They are OEM spec shocks that FOX builds and the brands price them like they are real FOX shocks, but they arent they are specked to be cheaper than standard FOX quality with cheaper parts. I just had to do the Schmidty Racing High Volume End Cap mod to my FOX shocks to bring them up to a real FOX standard. It changes out the end caps and adds a schraeder valve on them and you can take the shocks up to 200PSI as they are made to be. Makes them loads better and no more leaking. If you have FOX shocks that show traces of leakage around the end caps and use the needle valve recharge method, I would change them to the SRS caps.

Reactions: JenElio and TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We usually don't use a windshield when its warm at all. I wouldn't think the roof would make any difference unless you had side panels that held heat in? On the 1000-5 I see folks saying the heat seems to travel to the back more? Then something about heat from the shifter holes?

I'm not a fan of the supposed FOX shocks that come on the various brands. they all seem to be fake FOX shocks. They are OEM spec shocks that FOX builds and the brands price them like they are real FOX shocks, but they arent they are specked to be cheaper than standard FOX quality with cheaper parts. I just had to do the Schmidty Racing High Volume End Cap mod to my FOX shocks to bring them up to a real FOX standard. It changes out the end caps and adds a schraeder valve on them and you can take the shocks up to 200PSI as they are made to be. Makes them loads better and no more leaking. If you have FOX shocks that show traces of leakage around the end caps and use the needle valve recharge method, I would change them to the SRS caps.
I got the caps in the mail last week from schmidty but haven't installed them yet. Ive never had a bike/atv/sxs with good shocks so the fox shocks was a big improvement for me.

S

SoCoRuss

Jul 2, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Use a feeler gauge vs picks. It makes it easier to remove the snap rings I used the.016 gauge.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!