BOX1

P1000 Is the Power commander really worth it?

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a 2018 P1k-5 Deluxe.
I have noticed when going up steep inclines in 4wd in Low that it seems like there is NOT enough torque (grunt) to my feeling. I would expect when its in 4wd and in low that I would not have to give it so much throttle to crawl up inclines. Now these inclines are not crazy but enough to warrant 4wd and Low.]

Does having a PCommander help with the low in torque curve? throttle response? I understand that it will help increase HP.

Reactions: sharp
Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It does help... it’s no gear reduction but it does help.
Is there a specific one that is supposed to be used? I see a few different accessories type addons for just the PC5 are they all needed. Is the base PC just plug and play/

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While I have only had mine a short while I feel it is. While I am sure it makes a difference in low - the first place I noticed it was in high on hill climbs and when the front tires are bumped up against something and where I used to have to back up a little to get a bump I now can get movement over. I also saw a difference in just the whole curve of acceleration. I also added the AT-200 which is the auto tune.

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
While I have only had mine a short while I feel it is. While I am sure it makes a difference in low - the first place I noticed it was in high on hill climbs and when the front tires are bumped up against something and where I used to have to back up a little to get a bump I now can get movement over. I also saw a difference in just the whole curve of acceleration. I also added the AT-200 which is the auto tune.
So with the Pc and AT-200 are you manually adjusting anything or just letting it do its thing? And if you purchased a whole package where did you get it from?

Reactions: dhsfbcoach
Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
eBay.. or amazon... and yes.
So with the PCV and the AT-200 its like $800

Ragnar406 you feel that it is worth it. But $800 for just a little bit of low end torque seems kinda ridiculous. I am hoping some more people chime in with more results.
JTW You keep saying it helps, but HOW, What experience have you had with one? I want to know to help curve my decision.

Reactions: Plumber32
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Ragnar406 you feel that it is worth it. But $800 for just a little bit of low end torque seems kinda ridiculous. I am hoping some more people chime in with more results.
JTW You keep saying it helps, but HOW, What experience have you had with one? I want to know to help curve my decision.
Shop around more you can get it for much less if you watch for sales and do eBay
Yes it was worth it to me. There is a pretty big thread on here if you search you see others opinions

J

JTW

It’s more like $500 for both and as for my experience... I f***ing have them on my machine. Ran it a half of last week at the takeover and there’s a noticeable low end difference. It hits the power sooner. I keep saying it helps.. because it helps with exactly what you’re describing issue with.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have to get a muffler?

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So i have a question as well may sound dumb idk but isnt the tuner just leaning out the engine if so this would for sure take some life outta these rigs i may be wrong if so someone please help understand what it’s actually doing ive read up on these as ive thought about one myself but dont wana hear from someone who is just trin to sell

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So i have a question as well may sound dumb idk but isnt the tuner just leaning out the engine if so this would for sure take some life outta these rigs i may be wrong if so someone please help understand what it’s actually doing ive read up on these as ive thought about one myself but dont wana hear from someone who is just trin to sell

I think it will do the opposite. It richens the fuel mixture. It won’t run quite as hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The Autotune for the PCV allows you to set what AFR you want to run and it builds a fuel map that either takes away or adds fuel to the base OEM fuel map to achieve that AFR. Without the autotune or a wideband AFR gauge and logging, you can manually enter or use the stock PVC adjustments. Most stock vehicles run around a 14.7 (parts air) : 1 (parts fuel) ratio. Peak torque is around 13.2:1 & peak HP is a little less than that. The fuel tables in the PCV is % of increase or decrease in fuel. For the Pioneer, it also allows manual changes to the ignition timing. Below is a random PCV fuel table with % adjustments made.

PC5sftwr19

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You summed that up well ive been thinkin bout adding one of these myself never had one on any of my wheelers just always added muffler and headers always thought it would basically lean out the engine but understood what ur sayin
Thank you!

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
You summed that up well ive been thinkin bout adding one of these myself never had one on any of my wheelers just always added muffler and headers always thought it would basically lean out the engine but understood what ur sayin
Thank you!
Whenever u open up the exhaust, your usually getting less back pressure so the engine is able to draw in more air causing a lean condition. You would need to rejet if a carb or something like a PCV to add fuel with fuel injection. Most of the fuel injection machines have to meet EPA stuff so they are usually too lean for peak power stock. Any muffler upgrades on the pioneer doesn't add hardly anything without tuning for it.

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes i did rejet the carbs on the older wheelers i had true along with the muffler and headers I just didn’t know anything bout the tuners thx for ur reply
I see ur cullman al. We used to go dwn there once. Yr for a rc racing at the rodeo arena there always enjoyed it i raced rc semi pro for 5 yrs it was addictive as this lol

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!