P1000 Is this right?

H

Highcountry356

Jul 4, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
OK, I am guilty of trying to find stuff to worry about. With that in mind, I installed a set of four 28x10-14 Roctane X2's mounted on ITP Hurricanes last week. I also put 1" RB3 spacers on the rear. When I look at the rear tires they have a noticeable bow in at the top. I don't remember seeing that with the stock set up. I'm assuming this is the way it should be but figured I'd ask the stupid question anyway. Thanks for your tolerance.

IMG 5330

Reactions: toddvdh and Isaiah
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
OK, I am guilty of trying to find stuff to worry about. With that in mind, I installed a set of four 28x10-14 Roctane X2's mounted on ITP Hurricanes last week. I also put 1" RB3 spacers on the rear. When I look at the rear tires they have a noticeable bow in at the top. I don't remember seeing that with the stock set up. I'm assuming this is the way it should be but figured I'd ask the stupid question anyway. Thanks for your tolerance.

View attachment 223081
When i noticed mine was like that, the rear wheel bearings were shot. When I put new bearings in, it straightened the tires up. If that's not it, u will have to get superatv rear arms, so u can adjust the camber.

H

Highcountry356

Jul 4, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
When i noticed mine was like that, the rear wheel bearings were shot. When I put new bearings in, it straightened the tires up. If that's not it, u will have to get superatv rear arms, so u can adjust the camber.

The machine has 200 miles on it so wheel bearings are fine. I had no idea I'd need new rear arms just by changing out wheels/tires.

Reactions: Isaiah
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If I take the spacers off the rear will that help reduce the camber issue?
I would think it would have to help but I'm not an expert. I have 2 inch spacers on the rear and 28 inch tires and don't have as much lean in as u do. Did you ride it around the driveway to let the suspension settle before u took this picture?

D

DDDonkey

What model do you have, deluxe or base, and is there anything in the bed (weight wise). With the Deluxe you get load leveling rear shocks that should fix that after hitting a few bumps, I don't know what the base comes with. You don't need to change your a-arms because you changed your wheels, to me it looks like you squatting the rear end, but it is hard to tell from that one picture, does the other side look like that?

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What model do you have, deluxe or base, and is there anything in the bed (weight wise). With the Deluxe you get load leveling rear shocks that should fix that after hitting a few bumps, I don't know what the base comes with. You don't need to change your a-arms because you changed your wheels, to me it looks like you squatting the rear end, but it is hard to tell from that one picture, does the other side look like that?
The base has load leveling also.

Reactions: Isaiah and DDDonkey
H

Highcountry356

Jul 4, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

1000-5 Deluxe. There is a spare tire and a box with straps, tools, etc in bed. I did not take it for a ride just pulled it in and out of the garage. I sure hope I don't need A-Arms cuz this thing is turning into a money trap to get it where I need it to be before hunting season.

MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Following along since I’m about to do the same wheel spacer setup. I just went and looked at mine and stock it doesn’t have that much camber.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
So, I’m following also! As I did the satv a-arms with 15” wheels and 30” tires on my LE model and I have what I would consider to much camber, especially in front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm still running stock arms in the rear. I had this same issue when preparing for May's overland trip. With all of my gear it looked like hell in the rear. To run loaded I had to put 2 5/8" preload in my fox shocks to get the squat out and straighten up. If you weren't wanting to spend the money for the aftermarket shocks there are some post about making spacers for the factory set up with black iron pipe. I opted to upgrade shocks for some adjustments because I always have something in the bed. It's nice to be able to tune the suspension to the use of the machine. I hope to go the next step soon and change spring rate on the foxes.

H

Highcountry356

Jul 4, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
OK, so I emptied the bed and took it for a short ride and then measured how much the tires slant inward at the top (negative camber). I placed a level up against the tire and then tilted it out at the top until level and then measured it. The front is 3/8" and the rear 3/4". If a few of you guys could do that same measurement and let me know what your machines measure I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

MuDSlinger

MuDSlinger

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2019
Richland, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
28 x 11 x 15 .... 2020
20191101 153610

I will take a pick from back tomorow however, have not saw this issue

H

Highcountry356

Jul 4, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
When I measured I went from the smooth part of the sidewall top and bottom and not the very ends of the tires.

MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m getting about 5/8th at the top drivers side. 3/8 on the passenger side. My tires sidewall bulges on the bottom so that causes a little bit. Mine is a 2021 with 75 miles on it.

H

Highcountry356

Jul 4, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m getting about 5/8th at the top drivers side. 3/8 on the passenger side. My tires sidewall bulges on the bottom so that causes a little bit. Mine is a 2021 with 75 miles on it.

Are you talking the rear tires? If so, did you emaure the front? I could always jack mine up and put the OEM's back on to measure but blue locktited the spacers and really don't want to take them off.

MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you talking the rear tires? If so, did you emaure the front? I could always jack mine up and put the OEM's back on to measure but blue locktited the spacers and really don't want to take them off.
I went out and drove around a few minutes empty. I now read about 3/8th on both rear tires and 1/8th if that on the front's. I'd say it has something to do with ride height and the load leveling shocks.

Reactions: toddvdh and Isaiah
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have 28's with 5+2 wheels and a 1 inch spacer and mine are straight up and down. I have standard rear shocks.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s normal to have them lean in at the top a little, sometimes it will change with the terrain.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!