100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve decided to hold off on actually purchasing a piece of property here in North Idaho. In the meantime I have found a rental for both residential and commercial. I’m going to relocate and move here to Sandpoint Idaho where I’m going to set up shop as a purveyor of preparedness items and military surplus. Today I gave a deposit check and am signing a 1year lease agreement on Monday. It’s pretty much two blocks from downtown Sandpoint and is quite spacious. The commercial retail spaces over 1000 feet and the house itself is over 1000 feet as well with something like four or five bedrooms. Two bathrooms woodstove fiber optic Internet and a few other things that I find quite agreeable. This area is very conservative and there are a lot of folks that are preparedness minded in the surrounding areas. There is a local military surplus store here in town but they are way overpriced and have nothing but crap in there, and the roof is caving in. Most people don’t like that place from what I understand and I’m also going to sublet a portion of either the house or the business to my friends at Black Rifle real estate. Personally I saw paying rent as throwing your money away but this will give me a chance to get my foot in the door in the area without really having to decide on purchasing a piece of property and it will enable me to meet a lot of the local people and explore the area more. I really like it here.
E7A41F94 F7C3 4C71 B6D9 0262571818B8
61CE62AA 706F 403E A095 20CF0F3F8805

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I’ve decided to hold off on actually purchasing a piece of property here in North Idaho. In the meantime I have found a rental for both residential and commercial. I’m going to relocate and move here to Sandpoint Idaho where I’m going to set up shop as a purveyor of preparedness items and military surplus. Today I gave a deposit check and am signing a 1year lease agreement on Monday. It’s pretty much two blocks from downtown Sandpoint and is quite spacious. The commercial retail spaces over 1000 feet and the house itself is over 1000 feet as well with something like four or five bedrooms. Two bathrooms woodstove fiber optic Internet and a few other things that I find quite agreeable. This area is very conservative and there are a lot of folks that are preparedness minded in the surrounding areas. There is a local military surplus store here in town but they are way overpriced and have nothing but crap in there, and the roof is caving in. Most people don’t like that place from what I understand and I’m also going to sublet a portion of either the house or the business to my friends at Black Rifle real estate. Personally I saw paying rent as throwing your money away but this will give me a chance to get my foot in the door in the area without really having to decide on purchasing a piece of property and it will enable me to meet a lot of the local people and explore the area more. I really like it here.
View attachment 86914 View attachment 86915

Sounds like you got a plan. Good luck brother!

Last edited by a moderator:
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So soon and yet so far away, the dingbat lady that was going to rent to me sent me a text saying I am not allowed to sublet a room to anyone or let my friends real estate business set up shop there either. So it looks like back to the drawing board and a continuation of looking for a property. Total PITA!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So soon and yet so far away, the dingbat lady that was going to rent to me sent me a text saying I am not allowed to sublet a room to anyone or let my friends real estate business set up shop there either. So it looks like back to the drawing board and a continuation of looking for a property. Total PITA!
Damn...that sucks. Some people just don't get the whole "renting" thing. It's not like you were going to open brothel.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats ,Thars awesome
View attachment 86914 View attachment 86915

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sweet. Congrulations.
Now get your butt to marysvale.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I’d give anything to be heading that way. Monday I’m dropping off my truck at @CumminsPusher ’s shop to have my body work done for the hailstorm. Then picking up a rental and continuing my search for real estate, although in all honesty, I’m getting a bit frustrated looking for land etc. wishing I were on a high mountain trail....

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I’d give anything to be heading that way. Monday I’m dropping off my truck at @CumminsPusher ’s shop to have my body work done for the hailstorm. Then picking up a rental and continuing my search for real estate, although in all honesty, I’m getting a bit frustrated looking for land etc. wishing I were on a high mountain trail....
Drive the rental vehicle to Utah! Duh:rolleyes:

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Well ding dangit for 45 seconds i was all happy for you.o_O That sucks it fell thru but its good you found out now. Keep your chin up! When its right everything will just fall into place. :) That being said i would be sick of looking too. ... Good luck!

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm staying at the Blanchard caretakers place. I won't know if I get the position or not but my real estate buddy is the current caretaker here and I've off loaded my camper on to a nice level slab and will drop off my truck in Spokane tomorrow. Then back up to Sandpoint to continue the search for land. I wish oi had the extra time and money to get down to Utah but this trip has been somewhat expensive already and I need to concentrate my finances towards that goal. For anyone that prays, I could use some for finding the perfect home. Thanks.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!