Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is the general itinerary for the [HASHTAG]#PioneerTakeover[/HASHTAG].
* All subject to change.

Wed/Thursday
  • Early birds explore the area as you wish.
  • The 2 picnic shelters to the left of the entrance gate are reserved for the [HASHTAG]#PioneerTakeover[/HASHTAG] and available for a meeting place. Feel free to start up a fire and hang out there by the creek.
Friday
  • Morning/Mid day - Open Ride: Self-organized groups to explore the area as you wish.
  • Evening 6pm. Meet and greet located by the stage and trail entrance. Leave for night at 7pm. Sunset is at 8pm. Goal return time is 10pm.
  • For those that don't go on the night ride. Feel free to meet at the picnic shelter by the entrance gate. Start a fire if you like and chill! Once the group returns we may join you for a bit.
  • Friday goal is Top of the World trail # 30 stopping at the loop on #30. Looking at a 3 hour trip including a good 30 min break. at #30 loop.

• Path: From RRB Trail 27, R19, L13, L29, L28, L30, Stop and chill a bit. Enjoy sky line view! Continue on 30, L19, R27 back to RRB.
  • Head to the shelters for a bit.
Saturday - Day
  • Meet at stage and trail entrance around 9-10am.
  • GROUP PICTURE TIME! Asking all Honda Pioneer's group together.
  • Hit the trail around 10am.
  • We encourage independent groups to form and ride on their own!.
  • There is no way we can control 40+ units riding in a single group. We are asking that if you are capable of self-guiding a group that you please do.
  • For those single riders that wish to have a guide will split into 2 or 3 groups.
We are looking for another group leader. If you have road RRB before and are willing to guide a group please contact @Hondasxs for details.
  • Group #1 - All day adventure. 10am - 5pm(goal). Be sure to pack your lunch!
  • Group #2 - 3/4 day.
  • Group #3 - ..If?..... TBA
*We may add a trail plan at a later date.

Saturday - Evening Meet-n-Greet - 7pm - Until?
  • Meet at the shelters by the creek and to the left of the RRB entrance.
  • BRING YOUR PIONEER! This is a great time to check out everyone's Ride!
  • BRING A CHAIR, Camp chair should work great.
  • BYOB! or your favorite soda!
  • BBQ around 7:30. BBQ, slaw, beans, tea, water, dessert.
  • Door prize drawing around 9.
  • Meet, Chill, and Talk around the fire until...?
Sunday
  • Anyone staying the day can meet up at the shelters to plan a ride!
  • @Hondasxs and others will be heading home around 8am!
Have fun and C-ya next year at the 2017 [HASHTAG]#PioneerTakeover[/HASHTAG]!
Questions?, errors?, confusion?.. Post and let me know.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marine660 and scott
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Independent groups!
With close to 100 people signed up to ride we want to take a second to encourage independent groups to form and ride together. By no means is anyone required to follow the itinerary. Forming groups will help lessen the load on the guided group.

Identifying new riders!
If you are a totally new rider we feel it is important to identify you so help can be provided. To do this we ask that you please wrap some fluorescent flagging tape around the ROPS on the drivers side. Please wrap a 2-3" section in a visible location and tie it off with a short tail. Though we do not plan to take any Most Difficult trails, I can NOT guarantee there will not be difficult spots along the way. I know that even a simple changeling spot, if handled incorrectly, can be come dangerous quick. We are all here for each other and will help as needed to get you across/up/down safely.

Rules of the trail!
Get this out of the way really quick.
- Rule #1 - You are responsible for the rider behind you. If they get lost it is YOUR fault. At every intersection, STOP and wait until riders behind you catches up to see where you went. We can not have anyone getting lost!
- Rule #2 - Use hand singles for oncoming traffic. Ex. Raise your hand with all 5 fingers up means 5 or more riders behind you. Raise hand with 2 fingers up means 2 riders are behind you. Raise hand with a fist means trail is clear.
- Follow the Ride Royal Blue Trail Rules.
- Stay on the trail.
- Be respectful to all riders.
- Do not litter. Pack it in pack it out.
- Helmets are recommended for SxS's. Required for under 18 and ATV riders.
- This is NOT a beer drinking trip. We are here to ride!

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't wait!! This is almost as good as Christmas morning lol. I know most big groups stick to well established somewhat smoother trails. If anyone knows of some good rock or deep mud sections, I'm up for going with a smaller group to get some machines muddy. Ive only been there once so not a good candidate for leading.

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking forward to riding some of the creeks and hit up a few challanges. I plan on going out Friday morning after breakfast and doing some exploring. Make it back in time to eat dinner before the night ride, let me know ,

Reactions: Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Plumber32, I seen video of people riding down a creek. What trail is that? Is it part of the trail or a side trail, shortcut, or what? Something we can take a line down? Other then that, just normal crossings I think.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Delton I did some of the black trials last time i was there. I like the harder rocky trails.
Hey I'm down for some of that. I can always find some mud later lol

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
@Hondasxs There's some creek riding on trail 13 and 37. 37 is like a small waterfall. Some videos on youtube of it. There was a gate on that trail when i was there. Trail 20 and 26 was pretty fun. Trail 9 is one of the harder trails.

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Plumber32, I seen video of people riding down a creek. What trail is that? Is it part of the trail or a side trail, shortcut, or what? Something we can take a line down? Other then that, just normal crossings I think.
I had a chart going from all the youtube videos I watched not sure what happened to it. Going to have to start over. Some of the creeks looked like you can ride in them to a point. There's not much out there when it comes to Royal blue as far as hey take this trip. Nothing compared to windrock. I took the famous razr club ride there and it was an adventure.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trail 37 or by it and 13 sounds like water. Probably can get an idea from a map too

M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
Independent groups!
With close to 100 people signed up to ride we want to take a second to encourage independent groups to form and ride together. By no means is anyone required to follow the itinerary. Forming groups will help lessen the load on the guided group.

Identifying new riders!
If you are a totally new rider we feel it is important to identify you so help can be provided. To do this we ask that you please wrap some fluorescent flagging tape around the ROPS on the drivers side. Please wrap a 2-3" section in a visible location and tie it off with a short tail. Though we do not plan to take any Most Difficult trails, I can NOT guarantee there will not be difficult spots along the way. I know that even a simple changeling spot, if handled incorrectly, can be come dangerous quick. We are all here for each other and will help as needed to get you across/up/down safely.

Rules of the trail!
Get this out of the way really quick.
- Rule #1 - You are responsible for the rider behind you. If they get lost it is YOUR fault. At every intersection, STOP and wait until riders behind you catches up to see where you went. We can not have anyone getting lost!
- Rule #2 - Use hand singles for oncoming traffic. Ex. Raise your hand with all 5 fingers up means 5 or more riders behind you. Raise hand with 2 fingers up means 2 riders are behind you. Raise hand with a fist means trail is clear.
- Follow the Ride Royal Blue Trail Rules.
- Stay on the trail.
- Be respectful to all riders.
- Do not litter. Pack it in pack it out.
- Helmets are recommended for SxS's. Required for under 18 and ATV riders.
- This is NOT a beer drinking trip. We are here to ride!
I like the part this is Not a drinking trip.I've seen it don't mix and keeps accidents down.lol

Reactions: Delton and Hondasxs
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree. Back when I drank, I always waited til afterwards and gather round a campfire to do it.

Reactions: markie
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hardest thing I drink anymore is coffee and sweet tea.lol
That's me as well. Don't know why I quit cause I enjoy the taste of a cold beer. Guess its because it's hard to just have one lol

Reactions: nbomar and markie
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!