Its Been Real Guys

H

HondaTech

Well, today marks the end of almost a decade of working for Mother Honda. Late last week we got he news our dealership would be closing soon and today was my final day of work. I don't currently have another job lined up yet, but I am optimistic. I'll still visit this amazing forum from time to time incase you guys need some advice or technical help. I've enjoyed helping you guys keep the best Side by Sides on earth going and improving on the things that needed it. If your ever in the northern KY or southern OH area hit me up I'd love to ride with some of you guys or help you figure stuff out.

I've loved every minute of the last 10 years working on and learning all about Hondas and how they operate. I've seen and ridden some amazing things before public has and couldn't wait for what Big Red had coming for us next. It's been a wild ride, but a memorable one.

Keep the shiny side up, Rubber side down.
HondaTech

Oh and if guys know someone whose hiring, hit me up, I cant stay idle long, I'll go nuts.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, today marks the end of almost a decade of working for Mother Honda. Late last week we got he news our dealership would be closing soon and today was my final day of work. I don't currently have another job lined up yet, but I am optimistic. I'll still visit this amazing forum from time to time incase you guys need some advice or technical help. I've enjoyed helping you guys keep the best Side by Sides on earth going and improving on the things that needed it. If your ever in the northern KY or southern OH area hit me up I'd love to ride with some of you guys or help you figure stuff out.

I've loved every minute of the last 10 years working on and learning all about Hondas and how they operate. I've seen and ridden some amazing things before public has and couldn't wait for what Big Red had coming for us next. It's been a wild ride, but a memorable one.

HondaTech

Oh and if guys know someone whose hiring, hit me up, I cant stay idle long, I'll go nuts.
10 years...that sucks. Kinda sounded like you were ready to move on anyway. With that experience, shouldn't be a problem to get on elsewhere if you choose. I know Lexington was hiring...but that is probably a drive for you...

May i ask why the dealer closed? Seems like a good time to be selling ATV's/SxS's.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

HondaTech

Good luck bud...youve been alot of help around here. Dont be a stranger.

Reactions: elkaholic
D

dealer6

Feb 1, 2017
Hubbard
6ec97fe690686027327a4746d0a36357
Don’t know if this is something you’d be interested in, but the pay isn’t bad and you only work 1/2 a month
Plus they are hiring all over the US

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
BUMMER!!!!!!!

Please come around regularly. Your knowledge is amazing and so very needed/helpful.
Good luck moving on.

H

HondaTech

10 years...that sucks. Kinda sounded like you were ready to move on anyway. With that experience, shouldn't be a problem to get on elsewhere if you choose. I know Lexington was hiring...but that is probably a drive for you...

May i ask why the dealer closed? Seems like a good time to be selling ATV's/SxS's.

Bad money management, I don't know the whole story. But we sold off another Honda/Arctic Cat dealer earlier this year and I thing the mess they were in took us down with them.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Bad money management, I don't know the whole story. But we sold off another Honda/Arctic Cat dealer earlier this year and I thing the mess they were in took us down with them.
Thats unfortunate. Good luck and stick around!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wish you the Best! Not familiar with your area, but the closing could be an opportunity for you to start your own shop if you have an established loyal customer base! ;)

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I very sorry to hear of this. I just wanted to Thank you for all of your expertise and willingness to help everyone out. I wish you a Happy Holidays and with it a Great Brand New Year. Best of Luck.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well that sucks.
I imagine you're a little anxious about the future. Good techs are in demand so I think you'll have something lined up soon.
Let us know what's going on.

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Hate to hear this! Def. hope you stick around! I have enjoyed reading your comments on here. Wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Laid off after 27 years, but new and better $$ jobs came along. Best change ever. Good luck and stay connected.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Keep your chin up. I have been amongst the unemployed since Sept. 29. Stick to it and something better will come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015

HondaTech

Thanks for all the help through the last several months!

H

HondaTech

Thanks for all the kind wishes fellas. I'd love to get back in the powersports business but unfortunately that would take a special set of circumstances for an opportunity like that to come along again.

Kilo, you ever need anything you got my number. Shoot me a text I'll do what I can. I've got a good friend at another dealer whose helping me with parts and stuff, so I can still get some insider info if needed. Great to meet you and glad I could help with what I could.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@HondaTech thanks so much for all the good information and taking time to help so many. Best of luck with your future endeavors

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Look for something that pays more.....
You will find a new gig soon.doesn't mean your Honda knowledge has to go anywhere.
Still want your info on here, and you to stick around.Just cause you aren't replacing clutches :D:D doesn't mean you have to leave the forum.

Reactions: R-Lamm
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
If SuperATV is within a drive of home, give them a shout, they are hiring!

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sure hate to hear this. Hope something better comes along real soon. You've been a big help to many here on the forum, so don't be a stranger, your knowledge is still needed. What dealership is closing down? Where are you located? Hope something better comes along real fast.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!