IXCR Aftermath and thoughts/changes

H

HondaTech

2nd Race Recap

Another 1st in class
6th Overall

Continuing to put the Talon on the top of the box and show the world Honda is here to play.

Shout out to @JacksonRacing and the following:
Krash Offroad
RaceCo USA
Gforce Racing Suspension
Hess Motorsports
Rugged Radios
Maxxis (Carnivores this race for mud)
System3

H

HondaTech

Stole some pics of the race, little muddy.

Screenshot 20210425 214141 Chrome

Screenshot 20210425 214231 Chrome

Screenshot 20210425 214500 Chrome

Screenshot 20210425 214527 Chrome

Screenshot 20210425 214627 Chrome

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I feel bad for whoever has to clean that poor Talon. That is literally hours and hours of power washing...... Been there, done that and it absolutely sucks!

H

HondaTech

My car got pretty muddy last weekend at the track. Not that muddy though! Spent an hour or so washing it this morning and now it's back to minty clean.

Our mud is nothing compared to Tex Plex. That stuff just doesn't come off like ours does.

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Happy with the 4th place class finish, considering the last lap was ran overheating and could've ran another if they'd gotten to the tent a little earlier. Couple things will need to be addressed before next race:

1. Radiator will have to be relocated, packed half way up full of mud and sand. This is probably the most serious problem to tackle as it could put the car out of the race.

2. Tree kickers; drivers side took a good beating, will definitely need some sort of bar to keep the wheels away from trees.

3. Rear bumper, got smacked good in the rear as well, cage does extend to around the stock location. Something more substantial will need to be to cover the exhaust.

That being said, my boss was super happy to just finish the race and not break anything. He said the car was super fast and great overall, with the exception of soft rear suspension. Wasnt much out there that could run from it on the straights and it murdered the sand whoops. He just overdrove some of the corners and got stalled behind some pileups.

Here's to the next race and hopefully some more seat time before then.
View attachment 187831
Now thats muddy!! I would have a heart attack if mine got that dirty lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!