P1000 Just a thought

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sitting here drinking coffee thinking If the 1000 transmission is run electronically and voltage issues will burn up clutches, then why wouldn't of Honda put a stronger or larger charging system in them and run the clutch solenoids off of the charging system instead of the battery that way all the battery is for is initial startup. I do have the dual setup, think it's a good insurance idea all the way around. Just a thought. Figured you guys are a lot smarter than me on these things.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Winch is 300+amps full pull, Dual alternators on light trucks barely put that out. Big alternators draw lots of HP to output big AMPs there’s a trade off power has to come from somewhere “no such thing as a free lunch”.

Mine (with second battery running all accessories running off it)has no issue running anything/everything but winch. The big light bar will dim a little at idle when the WetSounds w/sub at full volume hits hard but together they are supposed to be close to 70amps total max draw and I can’t ride in the cab with it at full volume so there’s that.

Reactions: JTW and O2bsmitty
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Winch is 300+amps full pull, Dual alternators on light trucks barely put that out. Big alternators draw lots of HP to output big AMPs there’s a trade off power has to come from somewhere “no such thing as a free lunch”.

Mine (with second battery running all accessories running off it)has no issue running anything/everything but winch. The big light bar will dim a little at idle when the WetSounds w/sub at full volume hits hard but together they are supposed to be close to 70amps total max draw and I can’t ride in the cab with it at full volume so there’s that.
Figured the winch would put too much draw on things by itself but like I said you guys are smarter than me. Lol

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The winch will pull the pair down below 12.7, trip the iso to separate them, and then draw my second battery down from full to 10v in maybe 20seconds.

The WetSounds bar/sub can run for more than 4-6 hours off the second battery and not drop below 12v, Ive done it often when I’m in the garage working.

I did move my charging port to the secondary battery side of the iso so it would be the first to full charge since I use it that way.

Reactions: JTW and O2bsmitty
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I added an AGM battery and I have both batteries running everything. My machine cranks a lot faster as well having 2 batteries which makes it start better in winter. It charges fine just run 2 batteries and all is well. You'd have to work hard to run them down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!