P500 Just ordered my WE shocks should I remove sway-bar?

Steve00

Steve00

Feb 15, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Just ordered my Walker Evans shocks 175lbs + 200lbs springs front and Rear, now my question is sway bar I do ride in a lot of sketchy situations like phosphate mines and stuff considering keeping the sway bar on with the shocks does it really make that much of a difference with the whoops if I take the sway bar off? Or should shocks do the job enough I kind of like the idea of the sway bar going up and down trails in the mines...

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I took the sway bar off mine and I would never consider putting it back on. It’s a personal choice/decision but I found it to free the unit up and just rides so much smoother in tight places.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I took the sway bar off mine and I would never consider putting it back on. It’s a personal choice/decision but I found it to free the unit up and just rides so much smoother in tight places.
Which driving conditions may problematic without it installed?o_O

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Cornering at high speed. Removing it causes a little more body roll but frees up articulation. You can always disconnect it and zip tie it up to see if you like it. If not, just bolt it back up. I've never heard of anyone hooking it back up though.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I have not removed mine and maybe it's just me but here in Colorado there is a lot of riding on hillsides and I don't want that articulation on the downhill side so i just deal with the rougher ride.

Reactions: trigger and Eltobgi
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Cornering at high speed
Yeah, agreed.....One just needs to be aware of it and proceed accordingly. But I think we leave it off because we drive far more trail miles where we enjoy the benefit, than roads.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
High speed and corners can get you into plenty of trouble......

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve ran a few configurations on mine and with Elka Stage 3s and now radials I might reinstall the anti sway as it does tip to the outside when being aggressive. My thinking, as it rides so much smoother now, by 1 to 2 gears you’re carrying more speed and might want a little less lean in the corners. Better shocks and springs may provide greater articulations, so anti sway might be worth it. I’d suggest prior to taking off completely like I did, just unhook drive then compare.
j

Reactions: Eltobgi
Idahocrawler

Idahocrawler

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I have not removed mine and maybe it's just me but here in Colorado there is a lot of riding on hillsides and I don't want that articulation on the downhill side so i just deal with the rougher ride.

Do you still have it off, did you upgrade the shocks yet?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!