Kawasaki Sport SXS

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I missed this over the summer...has anyone else heard rumor of this? If it was true, I'd be interested to see how many of these you see down in West Virginia. Seems like all of the places we ride on the Hatfield-Mccoy trails rent the Tyrex.

Strong Kawi dealer network maybe?

The 2020 Kawasaki sport side by side is COMING!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I think their guess as to the specs are just generalized BS.

Drawings appear to be a CVT to me.

The rest of their specs were pretty standard in that market. But the fact that patents were filed and the cage is sooo stout is interesting...

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting, I really liked the mule before I got the pioneer but it was too slow. What I like, is the 3 year warranty and it seems that Kawasaki likes too over build them, at least in the frame department.

I would be interested to see someone do the 10 year belt warranty on a sport unit.

Maybe they are just too high powered to justify that, but it sounds like the Yamaha Sport/Rec models that carry them are no slouch. It took me a while to get used to the CVT when I had my RZR, but I can certainly see advantages.

Shifting is fun, but it can be a pain/limit you on uphills with the Pioneer. Definitely need to understand how to shift/stay in the power band for those situations- so not ideal for putting a new/inexperienced driver in those situations. The "point and shoot" nature of the CVT was great for letting the little lady take over for a while.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!