P1000 Key On Power, Illumination, and backup source! - 2016 through 2021 Honda Pioneer 1000 Only

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Big differences on 16 vs 17 harnesses. I don't have access to the diagram where I am right now or I would try to help

H

Hester88

Aug 13, 2017
Mt. Vernon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Confirmed for 2016 and 2017, all models including LE.
Coming off the ON/HI/LO light switch, The brown wire will give you LIGHT ON positive power.
It is actually for the tail lights. Run that to a relay to control other items of your wishing.

The connector should be this.
4 point,
Blue/ Yellow - High out
White / Black = Low out
Brown = Tail lights
Black/red = Positive IN

Mine doesn't have that plug. Buddy of mine just bought the 16 and was able to see that mine is different than his. I have the service manual on the way so it should tell me what i need to know when it gets here.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondasxs @Hester88

just looking at my service manual. the 17 LE has a different plug than the 16/17 non LE.
after 16 diagram
Capture

Capture

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well. My bad.
What controls the tail lights. That is were the tap needs to be made.
-tail light ON.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Brown runs to a joint connector, then runs to tail lights.
I am not sure why the computer needs to know tail lights are on though.
Connector on LE is as follows
Bu/Y to high beam relay
Bl/Br from joint connector 2 "light rly +12v"
W/Bl to low beam relay
R/Bl from joint connector 2 "power +12v
G goes to chassis ground

W/Bl & Bu/Y go from their respective relays to a diode in the fuse box.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Brown runs to a joint connector, then runs to tail lights.
I am not sure why the computer needs to know tail lights are on though.
Connector on LE is as follows
Bu/Y to high beam relay
Bl/Br from joint connector 2 "light rly +12v"
W/Bl to low beam relay
R/Bl from joint connector 2 "power +12v
G goes to chassis ground

W/Bl & Bu/Y go from their respective relays to a diode in the fuse box.

If the tail lights are split all the way to the back it’d make it much easier to install a street legal kit.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is the correct location for Back up / Reverse power according to OEM instructions for the backup alarm for the Honda Pioneer 1000.
The amp rating for this wire is 15 amps combined including all other items tied into the 15amp "Acc" fuse.

Location includes a positive and a ground trigger.
The WHITE/BLACK STRIP is positive and is "Key On" and can also be used as a Key On source near the rear.
Second wire is GROUND TRIGGER is only active when in Reverse! Be careful, this will read funny with a test light. Test it while in reverse for ground!

Unfortunately, It is a little difficult to access.
Here is the back-up alarm instructions for more details - P1k - Back-Up Alarm Harness - 08Z76-HL4-A00 - Instructiosn | The Honda Side by Side Club!

This plug can been seen by looking up and under just in-front of the rear drivers tire. Looking towards the oil filter and on past to the frame you will see a un-used wire. It will be 2 wires with a white plug.
The plug is sealed with a plug. See back-up alarm harness instructions.

Here are some pictures from a Pioneer 1000-5. View attachment 8557 View attachment 8558
You know, I looked all over hells half acre for that stupid plug. Doesn’t seem as though I have one

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hester88
Please start a new thread with what you are trying to accomplish and what the issues are. I have confused myself and do not really know what you are trying to do.

H

Hester88

Aug 13, 2017
Mt. Vernon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hester88
Please start a new thread with what you are trying to accomplish and what the issues are. I have confused myself and do not really know what you are trying to do.

This is all to do with headlight/tail light power. The pictures in the beginning of the thread apparently don't apply to 17 LE models and that's what I was trying to figure out. And my image was showing my my hood looks like compared to the 16 at the beginning of the thread. But don't worry, my service manual will be here today and I'll figure it out myself.

B

BLC

Jun 22, 2017
Longview , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Also,

REVERSE TRIGGER ***
Here is a Reverse trigger with a rear Key-On source, See post 13 - P1000 - Key On Power, Illumination, and backup source! - Honda Pioneer 1000 | The Honda Side by Side Club!

And....
LIGHT ON POWER
Here is a good location for "Light On Power".

Here find the brown wire, this is for the tail lights on! When lights are on it will be hot.
This is good for illumination power of your switches. You can see the posi-tap I have placed on it.
View attachment 8432

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
According to Honda Accessory Instructions. Here is the recommended location for Key On Power for the Honda Pioneer 1000 Side by Side!

Honda suggest tapping the 15A Acc Fuse on the output side. Here you will find 2 WHITE with a BLACK STRIPE wires coming out of the output side of the fuse. You will need to untape the wire bunch to access them. It is recommended that you use a posi-tap (not shown) vs the wire tap-ins (shown) for a better error free connection.

View attachment 8398 View attachment 8399 View attachment 8400
18 1000 Dlx5 ....... even after releasing the fuse box there is not enough 'slack' to be able to tie into white wire with black stripe. Can't figure out how they got it put together so tight with no slack in wires. WHAT IS THE TRICK IN ACCESSING THE WIRES?????

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally able to get to the white wires with black strip. There are 2 of them. Are both the seem, i.e. both hot. I spliced into to one of them with posi-tap for the winch, but I have nothing. When I tie that red wire into the battery, everything works fine.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Apparently no one knows about 2018 wiring. Supposedly the white with black stripe went to 5th circuit "assc". Inspection appeared it going to #2 circuit. Found ignition hot here and positapped into it. All is good.
20171230 141924
20171230 142239

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

dls1230

Jan 1, 2018
US
I used this info to wire up my backup lights. I chose to have them come on when in reverse, regardless if the headlights are on or not as long as the ignition is on. I was able to simply use the two wires as hot and ground, and ran them to the lights. Easy peezey.
Thanks HONDASXS, your my hero!
I would like to power two 18 watt LED lights straight from these two wires. Any issues pulling 3 amps directly from those wires? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sparky74

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!