P1000 Key On Power, Illumination, and backup source! - 2016 through 2021 Honda Pioneer 1000 Only

S

Sparky74

What electrical information are you seeking? It will greatly help in narrowing it down.

Several people in this thread have referred to an "Electrical Thread" that they have read. I haven't been able to find it and was wondering if anyone knew about it?

Reactions: BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Several people in this thread have referred to an "Electrical Thread" that they have read. I haven't been able to find it and was wondering if anyone knew about it?
Feel free to start a new thread and ask some questions. Everyone will jump in to help you out.

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Question, hooking up a dual voltmeter. Was going to tap key on wire for main battery. I counted down an the accessory fuse is the 5th from the first. The white an black wire you show tapping is the third fuse.....I miss something?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
No.
Confirm it's the 15a fuse that says ACC and on the outgoing side of the fuse.

Several have just tapped which ever white/black wire they saw first.
Tap then check by pulling the 15a ACC fuse to check for kill.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The White wire with the black stripe is the one you want for the ACC fuse.

FredD

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The White wire with the black stripe is the one you want for the ACC fuse.

FredD
@fredD,
Edited your post as several have tapped the starter wire. Which is also white/black.
Though I have tried to make it clear. It happens. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedFred1 and BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Crap. Tapped starter wire.......
Did you really?

Will you help me.
I need to understand where the info gets confused at and correct it. This seems to be the 3rd time this has happened that I am aware of.
What can I change.
What can I add.

I understand most read it quickly and go do it. Then tap the first white/black wire they see. lol. But, someone is going to F up there system and I need to help them not to.

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ll try. So, I clipped the wire I was splicing an taped it off. Would you leave the splice device, maybe tape around it or remove it and “butt” splice the wires back together? It’s a tight area to work in. I’m inclined to just leave it.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I assume you talking about one of those common wiretaps.
Most don't cut the wire just the insulation.
I would remove it, clean around it, and tape it up good.

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ll try. So, I clipped the wire I was splicing an taped it off. Would you leave the splice device, maybe tape around it or remove it and “butt” splice the wires back together? It’s a tight area to work in. I’m inclined to just leave it.

Use this...

Not this...

Although, I have used this similar style with good success...

If it was mine, I would remove the unused tap. If it has only pierced the wire insulation, as it is supposed to do, I would put a little finger nail polish or superglue or liquid tape on the spot it pierced. If the wire was actually cut, you would need to butt splice or liquid tight wire nut or other such connection to reconnect the wires.

I went to the wire bundle from the fuse panel that heads back into the area under the dash, removed the tape and pulled back the rubber to reveal the wires. I found the white wire with the black stripe that heads down further into the dash area and used the wire tap there.

Good luck!

FredD

Reactions: BWAF and lee
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you tap the wrong wire, remove the tap you used and paint the insulation pierce point with liquid electrical tape. Less than $8 on amazon.

Last edited:
Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you tap the wrong wire, remove the tap you used and paint the insulation pierce point with liquid electical tape. Less that $8 on amazon.
Good idea. Good Saturday task next week.

BlueBadger05

BlueBadger05

Oct 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After reading through this thread it seems the 2017 P1000 LE doesn't have the same wiring as a regular 1000. Does anybody have knowledge about this? I am looking to wire up reverse lights with an option to turn them on while not in reverse. I would prefer for it to be a key on accessory for my machine. Has anyone with an LE done this? If so, can you help? Thanks!

BlueBadger05

BlueBadger05

Oct 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know what wire is the "lights on" power for the 1000-5 LE?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!