BOX1

P1000 Key On Power, Illumination, and backup source! - 2016 through 2021 Honda Pioneer 1000 Only

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
According to Honda Accessory Instructions. Here is the recommended location for Key On Power for the Honda Pioneer 1000 Side by Side!

Honda suggest tapping the 15A Acc Fuse on the output side. Here you will find 2 WHITE with a BLACK STRIPE wires coming out of the output side of the fuse. You will need to untape the wire bunch to access them. It is recommended that you use a posi-tap (not shown) vs the wire tap-ins (shown) for a better error free connection.

IMG 6647
1000 key on
IMG 6658

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last edited:
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
According to Honda Accessory Instructions. Here is the recommended location for Key On Power for the Honda Pioneer 1000 Side by Side!

Honda suggest tapping the 15A Acc Fuse on the output side. Here you will find 2 WHITE with a BLACK STRIPE wires coming out of the output side of the fuse. You will need to untape the wire bunch to access them. It is recommended that you use a posi-tap (not shown) vs the wire tap-ins (shown) for a better error free connection.

View attachment 8398 View attachment 8399 View attachment 8400

Thank you for that information. I hope those watching in Electrical help see it.

Reactions: Hondasxs
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yeah, this is awesome. Thanks

Last edited:
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those who have the kfi winch mount, on the back the their install instructions it also shows that you should use the 15 amp black white acc wire for winch control power. Also shows best ways to mount the solenoid and where to run power wires.

Not sure why they included in with their winch mount but was helpful when i installed the superwinch.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
For those who have the kfi winch mount, on the back the their install instructions it also shows that you should use the 15 amp black white acc wire for winch control power. Also shows best ways to mount the solenoid and where to run power wires.

Not sure why they included in with their winch mount but was helpful when i installed the superwinch.
Good to hear. I just ordered he KFI mount and Superwinch Terra 4500, so getting these instructions will be right up my alley!!

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
Honda SxS question for you, The wire harness for the keyed power has some form of clip holding them down , couldn't get a good look at them last night but do they just pop out are is there secret to getting them out.?

Reactions: Denalidude
F

fredlp6582

Jul 7, 2015
Thinks, iam fred from golden valley AZ.what does the posi-tap look like, I have the tap-ins.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is the correct location for Back up / Reverse power according to OEM instructions for the backup alarm for the Honda Pioneer 1000.
The amp rating for this wire is 15 amps combined including all other items tied into the 15amp "Acc" fuse.

Location includes a positive and a ground trigger.
The WHITE/BLACK STRIP is positive and is "Key On" and can also be used as a Key On source near the rear.
Second wire is GROUND TRIGGER is only active when in Reverse! Be careful, this will read funny with a test light. Test it while in reverse for ground!

Unfortunately, It is a little difficult to access.
Here is the back-up alarm instructions for more details - P1k - Back-Up Alarm Harness - 08Z76-HL4-A00 - Instructiosn | The Honda Side by Side Club!

This plug can been seen by looking up and under just in-front of the rear drivers tire. Looking towards the oil filter and on past to the frame you will see a un-used wire. It will be 2 wires with a white plug.
The plug is sealed with a plug. See back-up alarm harness instructions.

Here are some pictures from a Pioneer 1000-5.
IMG 6763
IMG 6747

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Here is the correct location for Back up / Reverse power according to OEM instructions for the backup alarm for the Honda Pioneer 1000.
The amp rating for this wire is 15 amps combined including all other items tied into the 15amp "Acc" fuse.

Positive is "Key On" and can also be used as a Key On source for the rear.
Ground trigger is only active when in Reverse!

Here is the back-up alarm instructions for more details - P1k - Back-Up Alarm Harness - 08Z76-HL4-A00 - Instructiosn | The Honda Side by Side Club!

This plug can been seen by looking up and under just in-front of the rear drivers tire. Looking towards the oil filter and on past to the frame you will see a un-used wire. It will be 2 wires with a white plug.

Here are some pictures from a Pioneer 1000-5. View attachment 8557 View attachment 8558
This is excellent info! I'm going to hunt down that wire and install LED reverse lights! Thank you.

R

rcarroll

Dec 26, 2015
Does anyone know if there is a reverse trigger wire I can access in the front so I don't have to fish a wire up from the back?

Reactions: dotman1
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014

Positive is "Key On" and can also be used as a Key On source for the rear.
Ground trigger is only active when in Reverse!

Here are some pictures from a Pioneer 1000-5. View attachment 8557 View attachment 8558

I used this info to wire up my backup lights. I chose to have them come on when in reverse, regardless if the headlights are on or not as long as the ignition is on. I was able to simply use the two wires as hot and ground, and ran them to the lights. Easy peezey.
Thanks HONDASXS, your my hero!

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used this info to wire up my backup lights. I chose to have them come on when in reverse, regardless if the headlights are on or not as long as the ignition is on. I was able to simply use the two wires as hot and ground, and ran them to the lights. Easy peezey.
Thanks HONDASXS, your my hero!

What wires did you tap into? This is exactly what I'd like to do. Thanks

Reactions: biesty
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a big heart and care about everyone... even grumpy old men! lol I guess Buffett said it best, "if we couldn't laugh, we'd all go insane".

Reactions: Tabascojunkie
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!