P1000 Key on power?

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A quick question I hope someone will answer. I read the sticky thread and saw the key on power source to be the white wire with black stripe coming from the 15 amp acc fuse. My question is this. When I pulled the fuse box I can see 2 white wires with black stripes without undoing any tape, are there more than 2 wires that are white with black stripes coming from this fuse box? Do I need to specifically trace a white black stripe to that fuse by unwrapping the tape? I'm as green as can be with this wiring but I purchased a PDM60 to hook up a joystick controller for a plow I have for my side by side and eventually other accessories. Any help would be much appreciated. I have to start learning somewhere. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Reactions: sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Either will work.
One goes to the acc plug under the dash.
The other goes to the reverse switch plug under the rear seats for the backup alarm.

Reactions: sharp and EricG
DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used 1 of them for mine. I untaped them and found that there are only the 2.

Reactions: EricG
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
More info.
Yes, the 15 amp (ACC) fuse has two [white with black stripe] wires. Both will serve the same purpose for your needs.

Reactions: sharp and EricG
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
More info.
Yes, the 15 amp (ACC) fuse has two [white with black stripe] wires. Both will serve the same purpose for your needs.
Thanks so much! But just to be clear there are only 2 white wires with a black strip that are located in that fuse box? As I said I did not take tape off anything and I could access 2 wires as described. I ask because I tapped one with a posi tap for the PDM60 and it would not work for me, now I never used a posi tap before so its possible I didn't have wires seated correctly in the tap.

Reactions: sharp
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used 1 of them for mine. I untaped them and found that there are only the 2.
Thanks so the 2 I see are in fact the only 2 and I can just tap one of them without undoing the tape? Like I said for some reason I am not getting power to that PDM60. I was figure it was the ignition trigger wire as the ground and positive are almost a given. I'm going to put the IT wire to positive to make sure the unit isn't bad.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya,
PDM main power wire is hooked up.
PDM main ground solid.
Then, if you hook the key on wire up like said, and turn on the key, it should power up.
Test it by connecting the key on wire to the battery positive.
If no lights, unit may be defective.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya,
PDM main power wire is hooked up.
PDM main ground solid.
Then, if you hook the key on wire up like said, and turn on the key, it should power up.
Test it by connecting the key on wire to the battery positive.
If no lights, unit may be defective.

If it doesn't power up try reprogramming it. If it will light up and communicate with you're laptop it may be locked up. Sometimes if you have an off delay and there are a lot of on/off cycles in short succession it will lock it up.

If all else fails call ROWE Electronics they were super helpful with mine.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks again guys. Gonna try putting that IT wire to positive tomorrow to see what happens. If no go I will try the reprogram route. Hopefully I just tapped an incorrect wire. I know the joystick works because I ran it direct to the battery to test and it was fine and controlled my winch. So its an issue between the controller and my joystick that is the problem and I am betting it was an incorrect wire I tapped (hopefully).

Reactions: ohanacreek
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
@EricG, if you can get the fuse box off it's mount (takes a little giggling) you can flip it upside down and see the two wires you are looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ohanacreek quick question on the pdm60. I noticed one of the programming choices is inactive. Do you know is it necessary to set the circuits you aren't using to inactive? I didn't do that and pretty much left it at factory default except for changing the circuit amps a little. I'm currently only going to be using the one circuit.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@EricG, if you can get the fuse box off it's mount (takes a little giggling) you can flip it upside down and see the two wires you are looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have it off the mount so I will need to take a better look at this in the morning, I'm still hoping it was an incorrect tap or wire not seating properly in the tap, but I guess I have some trouble shooting in the morning. Thanks!

Reactions: elkaholic
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ohanacreek quick question on the pdm60. I noticed one of the programming choices is inactive. Do you know is it necessary to set the circuits you aren't using to inactive? I didn't do that and pretty much left it at factory default except for changing the circuit amps a little. I'm currently only going to be using the one circuit.

Inactive if you need the amps for the other circuits. Say you have 4 circuits set at 15amps you will need to set two inactive. You can also set them inactive if you don't have them connected and want to make sure they don't short accidentally.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Inactive if you need the amps for the other circuits. Say you have 4 circuits set at 15amps you will need to set two inactive. You can also set them inactive if you don't have them connected and want to make sure they don't short accidentally.
Thanks so much for the help! Much appreciated!

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the verdict is I tapped the wrong wire. Thats my kind of luck lol. Thanks for the help guys.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the verdict is I tapped the wrong wire. Thats my kind of luck lol. Thanks for the help guys.
Kool.. That's great.

Next questions.
Do I need change the other thread to better clarify these wires?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kool.. That's great.

Next questions.
Do I need change the other thread to better clarify these wires?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Maybe just note to make sure its the white black that runs to the 15 amp fuse as there are other white black wires present. But I could be the only knucklehead. Lol

J

JTW

Fwiw.. I found it easier to jump off the 12volt accessory plug (cigarette plug)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!