highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
No surprise here. No clue as to when in 2021 trails might open.

OHV TRAIL STATUS
Date(s): Dec 4, 2020

Contact(s): Alexandria Forestry Center

OHV Trail Status - call 1-866-830-6467; Status is valid regardless of date listed. Hurricane damage was severe on all OHV trails. Openings anticipated in 2021.
Calcasieu Ranger District
Evangeline Unit
Claiborne Multiple-Use Trail is CLOSED.

Vernon Unit
Enduro Multiple-Use Trail is CLOSED due to tornado damage.
Catahoula Ranger District
Little Creek Trail is CLOSED.
Hickman Multiple-Use Trail is CLOSED.

Kisatchie Ranger District
Sandstone Multiple-Use Trail is CLOSED.

• Sad
Reactions: CID
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
No surprise here. No clue as to when in 2021 trails might open.

OHV TRAIL STATUS
Date(s): Dec 4, 2020

Contact(s): Alexandria Forestry Center

OHV Trail Status - call 1-866-830-6467; Status is valid regardless of date listed. Hurricane damage was severe on all OHV trails. Openings anticipated in 2021.
Calcasieu Ranger District
Evangeline Unit
Claiborne Multiple-Use Trail is CLOSED.

Vernon Unit
Enduro Multiple-Use Trail is CLOSED due to tornado damage.
Catahoula Ranger District
Little Creek Trail is CLOSED.
Hickman Multiple-Use Trail is CLOSED.

Kisatchie Ranger District
Sandstone Multiple-Use Trail is CLOSED.
Yep, I check it about once a week as well. Sucks.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Adam, if you hear of any ATV clubs going to help clear trails, please let me know. Some of the guys that ride with me are willing to go help of it means getting trails open sooner.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Adam, if you hear of any ATV clubs going to help clear trails, please let me know. Some of the guys that ride with me are willing to go help of it means getting trails open sooner.
I was wondering the same thing. I'd make a trip up there to help clean up the trails. I don't know of any local riding clubs, everybody down here just goes to the mud parks.

Reactions: Smitty335
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I hear you. Most around here mud ride too. South Louisiana trailblazers is only club I ever met people from and that was years ago at Camp Livingston. Their website doesn't work.

Reactions: Smitty335
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
567FA57B C30D 4A5D B516 4271A2B9397C

CajunRedneck

CajunRedneck

Jan 16, 2021
Southeast Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought most of the trails in kisatchie were restricted to 50” width? Or is that just the trails at claiborne?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I thought most of the trails in kisatchie were restricted to 50” width? Or is that just the trails at claiborne?
They technically are all 50" restricted. Claiborne is gated and my 50" ATV fits with an inch or two to spare on either side. Livingston and Sandstone aren't gated but do have bridges that are between 70-75". When we were out there with the P1k's, I saw more 60"+ machines than I did 50". Unless you're being an ass, I don't think you'll have any issues with the rangers if you come across one. I wouldn't run an obnoxious exhaust or mud tires.

Check out the other thread for more info:

I cut together about 3.5 hours of video from our ride into an hour or so that shows almost the entirety of Sandstone.

CajunRedneck

CajunRedneck

Jan 16, 2021
Southeast Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They technically are all 50" restricted. Claiborne is gated and my 50" ATV fits with an inch or two to spare on either side. Livingston and Sandstone aren't gated but do have bridges that are between 70-75". When we were out there with the P1k's, I saw more 60"+ machines than I did 50". Unless you're being an ass, I don't think you'll have any issues with the rangers if you come across one. I wouldn't run an obnoxious exhaust or mud tires.

Check out the other thread for more info:

I cut together about 3.5 hours of video from our ride into an hour or so that shows almost the entirety of Sandstone.
I’m good with that, I’m running all stock, speaking of that, if I remember the trails in that area I should be fine running stock tires and no lift on a P1K out there?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I’m good with that, I’m running all stock, speaking of that, if I remember the trails in that area I should be fine running stock tires and no lift on a P1K out there?
Absolutely. If it rains it gets pretty muddy in certain spots. I'd recommend a winch if you're going solo or bring a buddy and a tow strap.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@CajunRedneck what part of LA are you in?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I’m in kinder so I’m not familiar with that area of the state for riding. Two years ago at sandstone we got busted by the rangers for parking and unloading on the road right beside the completely full official parking area. We had several 60” machines with us. The ranger never said a word about them. He was only concerned with the road. Not tickets that day so we keep riding. And we weren’t cutting up o the road!

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I’m in Abita, is there anywhere close to just go ride.
Not really. Zona ATV park is the closest thing and it's mostly mud. I like to just ride around the perimeter trail, drink beer, and pull out all the guys that have no winch. I know a couple spots to ride and have a few cold ones in MS.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I’m in kinder so I’m not familiar with that area of the state for riding. Two years ago at sandstone we got busted by the rangers for parking and unloading on the road right beside the completely full official parking area. We had several 60” machines with us. The ranger never said a word about them. He was only concerned with the road. Not tickets that day so we keep riding. And we weren’t cutting up o the road!
Yep, I seriously doubt they are going to bust out a tape measure unless you give them good reason to.

CajunRedneck

CajunRedneck

Jan 16, 2021
Southeast Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not really. Zona ATV park is the closest thing and it's mostly mud. I like to just ride around the perimeter trail, drink beer, and pull out all the guys that have no winch. I know a couple spots to ride and have a few cold ones in MS.
It’s just killing me to ride around my place, just want to get out and ride somewhere. I’m surrounded by timber but it’s all hunting leases and don’t want to get shot at by anyone.

Reactions: Adam490
CajunRedneck

CajunRedneck

Jan 16, 2021
Southeast Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Isn't there a place just north of Biloxi? I remember riding somewhere around there back around 2002 when I had my 4wheeler.

Reactions: Isaiah
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Sandstone Trail is open again. We went this Saturday (6-19-21) and there were very few people there. Hurricane knocked a LOT of trees down so forest service has finally cut the trails open.

Warning: Lotus Camp is still closed, presumably from Covid concerns because there is running water there. Good new is that we could see where the forest service dozed the entry road maybe a little wider. We parked in the day use parking near Lotus Camp but there is NO shade there.

They did a small amount of trail maintenance. Still so many bushes and tree tops hanging over the trail to scratch all along side plastic.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!