Kolpin device for trailer towing

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I use a 12x6 utility trailer that I put plywood on both side and the front. Ideal for hauling firewood and my P500 with cloth cab, windshield etc. My new P1000-3 D is a really, I mean really, tight fit for me. I have floor "D" rings installed in the strap hoops to go over them that might fit well enough for the P1k. I have retractable straps on order but I can't help but think this Kolpin device would be awesome, if, if I could get it lined up. Anyone with experience with this device?

Thanks in advance.

s/f Steve

IMG 0899

Reactions: ChadD
R

rickoshea

i can't say i'd trust that with 1600+ pounds of honda bouncing up and down.it doesn't look to have any flex. just looks sketchy to me.

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
i can't say i'd trust that with 1600+ pounds of honda bouncing up and down.it doesn't look to have any flex. just looks sketchy to me.
Erickson wheel chock system is the way to go. Easy and simple.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a member on here using something similar. I think he called it a trailer dog (or something like that). I can’t recall the member name but hopefully he is still around and sees the post.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Think a guy in Louisiana actually built the first one of those that people have since copied:

Screenshot 20210421 202750

I see them all the time for ATV's around here, but I don't think they'd do well on a full size utv like a P1k

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!