Talon KWT Particle Separator

nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R
I completed my KWT Particle Separator installation. I chose this unit over the S&B because it is effective and quiet as there is no fan so there is no loud noise or electrical. The better price is a bonus.

Here are some pics...

RAY 8825 Edit

RAY 8816 Edit

RAY 8818 Edit

RAY 8827 Edit

RAY 8821 Edit

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I completed my KWT Particle Separator installation. I chose this unit over the S&B because it is effective and quiet as there is no fan so there is no loud noise or electrical. The better price is a bonus.

Here are some pics...

View attachment 164364

View attachment 164366

View attachment 164367

View attachment 164368

View attachment 164369

Please keep us informed how your filter looks after using. I was ready to put one on my RZR but changed my mind later. The prices I have seen listed for the KWT were as much as the S&B.

nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R
Please keep us informed how your filter looks after using. I was ready to put one on my RZR but changed my mind later. The prices I have seen listed for the KWT were as much as the S&B.

Yes, time will tell.

The S&B for the Talon is only available through Honda dealers for $449. The KWT is $399.

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Why is it that the pre-filter folks all demand we choose between less dirt in engine or less dirt in me? Are there any that work with a rear window installed? I have the Honda rear soft window, is does an OK job keeping the dust blowback from wrapping around and into the cab (no side windows, so depends on wind, speed, etc.), I would hate to lose that.

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Is that a secondary foam or paper filter across the intake?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Why is it that the pre-filter folks all demand we choose between less dirt in engine or less dirt in me? Are there any that work with a rear window installed? I have the Honda rear soft window, is does an OK job keeping the dust blowback from wrapping around and into the cab (no side windows, so depends on wind, speed, etc.), I would hate to lose that.
These S&B particle separators are sizeable so they need to be mounted somewhere solid. But, they can be mounted just about anywhere so you should be able to make one work with some minor fabrication.

You can run the S&B 2 inches behind the rear window. Make some brackets that come up and over the rear window and mount it high. You can also mount it on the roof like a couple of members have done but that requires a hole for the exhaust to go through and some custom bracketry also.

I haven't seen the KWT personally but you should be able to fabricate some sort of mounts for that one too.

P.S. I don't have a rear window and rarely experience "dirt on me". The vortex action in the Talon is minimal.

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
P.S. I don't have a rear window and rarely experience "dirt on me". The vortex action in the Talon is minimal.[/QUOTE]

Really? we were covered in dust without a rear window. R Model with half front windshield. Worse than our RZR
that we have no back window riding in exactly the same places.

Reactions: popeye
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too end up with a lot of dust on my shoulders with out a rear shield, aplugged air filter at less than 400 miles, it all wasn’t great but fmdelt with it until the trails or roads got wet, and then got a lot of spray from the rear tires flying up onto the back of my head and neck until I installed a rear window. Now things are better, but still need to sort out the issue with the air filter

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes, really! 1600 miles on my machine in plenty of fine dusty crap. Dusty enough to plug my air filter in the first 250 miles and I only experienced dust in the cab a couple times at a very specific speed around 20 mph. If I speed up or slow down and it goes away immediately.

However, I just remembered that I blocked some of my firewall and blocked/insulated my entire tunnel to stop the heat from entering the cab and this may have had a positive side effect of reducing the dust to almost nothing. I did that very early on so I really never experienced any dust issues to compare it to.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Talon KWT particle separators available from 10-80 Dirt Sports, a forum supporting vendor.

10-80dirtsports.com

To mount your KWT to the shoulder bar like the photos of the original post you’ll need 1-3/8” diameter clamps.

Last edited:
Reactions: CID and monaco

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!