P500 Let’s talk....Windshield

Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
What windshields are you guys using and what do you prefer and why? Really think I want a half windshield but looking for advice..pictures are a plus

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Fyi, Might help for comparison, P500 - Best Full Windshield?, many more threads on Search. Honda Hardcoat 1.5 years and still Ok. Honda Parks King had decent prices on OEM versions when I got mine. Liking the honda clamps. Also P500 - Windshield

0F98E21D 1637 4D18 A847 3D478F3A82F8 DBDCE5EE 9178 4C99 81B4 54A34669A2DB CAA1F8E2 DB0A 4D64 853A 8C11F4F614E0

Last edited:
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I really like the SuperATV windshield we have on ours with it's closed - small vent - full open options. On our last ride when we pulled out on the dirt road I reached down and just opened it right up and we had a very nice breeze coming in on us just as the day was starting to warm up.

I modded ours with Honda fast clamps to allow me to pivot up the lower section so I can gain access to the hood storage area.
We had to make a filler piece to close the gap at the top to our EMP roof.

D

Deleted member 3748

I use a full windshield only in the winter. If I was in GA like you, I would use only a half. The biggest problem with a full windshield is the dust that builds up on them. Halfway into a ride and you can't see through it.

I went with this half windshield because you can open the hood without removing it. I also carry a California Duster to keep it clean during rides, but it's not an issue because I can see over the top of it.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00R51KS22/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Depends on the type of trails you ride. I have a full Honda hard coat that I only use in the winter, run the Honda half shield the rest of the time. Like Piston said, a full in the summer just gets covered with dust and you can't see crap. The trails I rode yesterday would scratch the hell out of a full and rip the flip up off.

Gate Newest front

D

Deleted member 3748

I really like the SuperATV windshield we have on ours with it's closed - small vent - full open options. On our last ride when we pulled out on the dirt road I reached down and just opened it right up and we had a very nice breeze coming in on us just as the day was starting to warm up.

I modded ours with Honda fast clamps to allow me to pivot up the lower section so I can gain access to the hood storage area.

We need to talk about those hubcaps! Awesome! :D

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
We need to talk about those hubcaps! Awesome! :D
OH those.....yeah....like putting lipstick on a pig LOL, I do like them it's like being in a party store looking into one of those mirrors they have all over. The moonie hubcaps sort of go along with the E.R.V. name E-arth R-over V-ehicle.

Got those from Hubcaps Wheel Covers | Hubcap Mike's | Buy New Hub Caps Online they are Ok, had one that just didn't want to snap in all the way at first, I actually dented it slightly fighting with it but it is on there now. I just couldn't bring myself to spending all the money for the tires/wheels I really wanted when the P5 came with perfectly good albeit small, tiny little tires on ugly rims.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Has to be easy to keep them clean! I like the uniqueness!!

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Started with the Honda full windshield, but got tired of all the glare from scratches over time. Now have a half windshield.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I went with the Moose folding windshield, which as you can see in the photo, a filler piece is needed to mate up to the EMP roof. But the gap at the top is perfect for a GoPro mount.
Another point of water entry is at the hinge point, there is about a half inch gap.
GoProMount

Straps do a good job holding in the folded position (old photo with stock tires).
WS1

Johnny-5

Johnny-5

Jun 29, 2018
New York
Ownership

1. 500

I have a similar set up. Works great. Mind sharing where you found Honda fast clamps and possibly post close-up pictures of your mod. Thank you.

Reactions: 100Acre and Mudwing
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I have a similar set up. Works great. Mind sharing where you found Honda fast clamps and possibly post close-up pictures of your mod. Thank you.

Ok so all I did was make an L shaped bracket and used the SuperATV upper mount on the lower glass panel as a pivot then I just located and drilled holes in the windshield to line up with the bolt holes in the Honda fast clamps. I dont remember where exactly I got the clamps Ebay, amazon or a powersports accessory store will have to find out. There are other clamps out there but I wanted the honda ones.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I have had my Honda Hardcoat full tip out for 3 1/2 years, it's holding up great, no scratches and because of the large surface area of the windshield it keeps the speed manageable on the P5. I would hate to think how fast it would go without the wind resistance holding it back, the thought scares me and I am fearless.

D

Deleted member 3748

I have had my Honda Hardcoat full tip out for 3 1/2 years, it's holding up great, no scratches and because of the large surface area of the windshield it keeps the speed manageable on the P5. I would hate to think how fast it would go without the wind resistance holding it back, the thought scares me and I am fearless.
LOL

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
What windshields are you guys using and what do you prefer and why? Really think I want a half windshield but looking for advice..pictures are a plus
Hi Ragicajan92. I have a Honda hard coat tip up. Very hard to scratch and pushes up for air. Works good. I had one , same , that cracked, not supposed to, but Honda went good for half. This one 1 1/2 years and all good. I probably travel a little too fast towing it on the trailer. I drive 200 miles to my camp, so hammer down. Haha. But that may have been why it cracked the first time. If you get the front you need a back. Dust comes back over the roof and in. I have the Honda fabric one with plastic glass. All good.
Caper

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Started with the Honda full windshield, but got tired of all the glare from scratches over time. Now have a half windshield.
Forgot to add my windshield was not the hard coated one.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Forgot to add my windshield was not the hard coated one.
Haha Oldfortyfive. Yeah I made my first windshield out of lexan. It turned out great, I was kinda proud of myself, until driving into the sun and I couldn’t see a dam thing. So I know what you mean about scratches. This one is great, no scratches in 1 1/2 years, and the old Honda one had no scratches just cracks. Haha
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I am curious if anyone in Honda Land has put a wiper on a Honda hard coat tip out windshield . I would like to but . I tried to drill the cracks in the first Honda hard coat but they kept cracking. Let me know if anyone is brave enough. Haha.
Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!