BOX1

Lifetime Trailmaps

Kadert21

Kadert21

Jul 29, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thinking about going with these guys for my gps. I'm just wondering before I pull the trigger uf anyone has a coupon code?
Pic just for fun. 20210206 225812

Reactions: TimG and ChadD
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thinking about going with these guys for my gps. I'm just wondering before I pull the trigger uf anyone has a coupon code?
Pic just for fun. View attachment 267605

Just call them personally and ask! Thats the best way!
streight to horses ass if you will lol

Kadert21

Kadert21

Jul 29, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
I've never seen a code for lifetime trail maps.
That's weird since I did a search and the Lifetime Trail maps came up in the supported vendor area. Its dated back in 2019 I believe so maybe they no longer support this form?
Also on the Lifetime Trail map website it has a window to enter a coupon code.
Just figured maybe someone could help me save a buck or 2.

Reactions: TimG and ChadD
Kadert21

Kadert21

Jul 29, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
One other question. I really don't want the 10in tablet as I think it will take up to much space in the cockpit and I'm not one to turn my sxs into a boat. Would the 8 inch tablet that is not waterproof be ok if I hit a puddle or get caught in the rain? Does anyone have any experience with the non-waterproof tablet?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
One other question. I really don't want the 10in tablet as I think it will take up to much space in the cockpit and I'm not one to turn my sxs into a boat. Would the 8 inch tablet that is not waterproof be ok if I hit a puddle or get caught in the rain? Does anyone have any experience with the non-waterproof tablet?
I've used the 8 inch tablet that's not waterproof for almost 3 years. Before I had a top and windshield, we would just carry a big ziplock bag to put it in if it started raining. It's in a hard case and has been wet a few times but still works. I just close the windshield now if I see rain or a big water hole coming up.

Reactions: Tramguage1 and TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I use a non waterproof samsung tab a 8" in a water resistant hard case and a mount,then just download the map/trails for the area I need at home before I go. I think that's what a lot of people on here do. Works great, no cell service needed all you need is a GPS enabled tablet. I think I paid around a $100 a couple years ago for a new samsung.

Reactions: Farmer
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I have a Galaxy Tab A 8” in a Otterbox Defender case. I just got glued the exposed holes to keep the elements out. Then you buy the Lifetime App and put it on the tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Farmer and TimG
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You can buy a brand new Galaxy tablet for $200, download Gaia maps and avenza. You'll be much better off than using lifetime..

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buy an Otterbox case for whatever tablet you’re going to use. Not only are they water resistant but it’s easy to wipe the dust off. I mount mine with a Ram mount above my head on the roll cage. Not as much glare there and use Gaia maps.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Digging up this somewhat old thread.

So is the consensus that Lifetime Trailmaps isn't worth the cost?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Digging up this somewhat old thread.

So is the consensus that Lifetime Trailmaps isn't worth the cost?
Depends on what want and where you ride. Lifetime probably has the most trails on their system across the US. Sometime you can find local trails and just load into system, for example Tackett Creek Mafia has a great map of TN trails and it can be loaded free. I use both for reference in TN, but use Lifetime the most. If you just want to track where you have been, you can use any tablet with a gps, samsung is typically regarded as have the best GPS. I use Gaia maps and Orux maps which are free for the basic app.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Depends on what want and where you ride. Lifetime probably has the most trails on their system across the US. Sometime you can find local trails and just load into system, for example Tackett Creek Mafia has a great map of TN trails and it can be loaded free. I use both for reference in TN, but use Lifetime the most. If you just want to track where you have been, you can use any tablet with a gps, samsung is typically regarded as have the best GPS. I use Gaia maps and Orux maps which are free for the basic app.
Appreciate the feedback. I hit the Costco Black Friday sale (part 2) that started today. At 2:00 this AM, I scored a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4" 64GB with a bonus 64GB microSD card for $159.99. Probably a good thing, as I installed my RAM mount setup, tablet holder and protective case for that exact tablet like ~2 weeks ago ... 😀

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Tell me what you know.
What am I going to encounter if I go with them?
That is a personality issue. It has nothing to do with the product offerings or its quality. The question you need to ask is, do you want to use the GPS software/ tablet or date the seller. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Been using Lifetime trailmaps for 4 years now on 3 devices. It works, it's updated annually for no additional cost, and nothing else out there offers such a comprehensive coverage for 30 states and 400k+ miles of mapped trails.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I broke down and bought their software for my tablet. It's a lot easier than finding good maps installing them ect... for a technology challenged guy like myself. The free Poloris Ride command App is a good back up to install on your tablet or phone as well.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!