Lifted my 4Runner.

P

PNWGuy

Loved the look of a 4Runner with a smaller lift and 33" tires but didn't lift mine due to not wanting to make it tougher for my old dog to jump in, and I was thinking about getting an 18' RV. Well, my dog passed away and I decided not to spend $20k in light of the current meltdown.

So I treated myself to a lift and new tires.

Since my 4Runner is used to tow my P500 to the woods and is not used as a hardcore trail machine (that's what the P500 is for) I just went with the 2.5" Daystar spacer lift.

Decided to do it myself with the help of my son-in-law. Supposedly, it is a 2.5 hour job. Not if you do it at your elderly father's house whom you assumed had more and better tools than you. He did not. Took 5 hours. Most of which was trying to find tools, make the wrong tools work, and driving to the hardware store to get the right tools. Son-in-law gave up after the front was done 4 hours later and left me to do the rear by myself. Took me an hour.

Waiting on tires to arrive and have an appointment today with the dealer to have the front end aligned.

So far, I like the results. It rides pretty much the same but the increased height makes it feel more like a truck. The new tires probably won't go on for another couple of months since I like to have a fresh set going into winter.

Went with the Cooper Evolution MT in a 10-ply LT...

Per evolutionmt bw 807547 vary jpg s3 resize x2000

IMG 20200802 193247599

IMG 20200802 173409113

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!