Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the info. Can you explain what you mean by shading of the surface with the bumper mount?

If you mount it back too far it will cause shading right in front of the machine. If you go too far forward you get a wicked glare on the windshield. A light on the bumper fills the void.
As far as the roof sagging, we don't have that problem with the P5. All in I have 8 things hanging on mine. Like everything else on this machine, small and rigid.

B

BuckBrewer

Aug 26, 2018
Memphis
Ownership

1. 500
If you mount it back too far it will cause shading right in front of the machine. If you go too far forward you get a wicked glare on the windshield. A light on the bumper fills the void.
As far as the roof sagging, we don't have that problem with the P5. All in I have 8 things hanging on mine. Like everything else on this machine, small and rigid.
Gotcha. Makes sense. I use mine mainly for hunting. Duck/deer. Thinking roof so I can get the best view of decoy spread in the dark. Nervous about trying the electrical on my own but thought I would try and learn.

Reactions: JollyJoker
monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
I mounted mine directly to the roof too. It's pretty tough. I just drilled two holes.
I scrape it on trees all the time - it doesn't budge.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Mudwing
M

Moonshine

Sep 9, 2016
East Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2
40" curved bar on mine, using 2" fender washers. Been on there for over two years, use the machine daily, no issues.
IMG 3928

Reactions: 1border4manu
B

BuckBrewer

Aug 26, 2018
Memphis
Ownership

1. 500
40" curved bar on mine, using 2" fender washers. Been on there for over two years, use the machine daily, no issues.View attachment 176983
Sweet. I just got the Superatv flip up windshield also. Is there glare off the light bar on the windshield when flipped up? I ordered two rigid D-SS Pro Side shooters that I’m going to try. I like a higher light bar on the roof but worried about glare on the windshield when flipped up?

M

Moonshine

Sep 9, 2016
East Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sweet. I just got the Superatv flip up windshield also. Is there glare off the light bar on the windshield when flipped up? I ordered two rigid D-SS Pro Side shooters that I’m going to try. I like a higher light bar on the roof but worried about glare on the windshield when flipped up?
You know, I have no idea. Never had the windshield flipped up when using the light bar. I'll check it out tonight.

M

Moonshine

Sep 9, 2016
East Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2

Well, as the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's how much glare you get with a roof mounted bar and the Super ATV windshield in the up position.
IMG 3960

Reactions: 1border4manu
C

Chuckie3

Sep 17, 2018
New Fairfield ct
Ownership

1. 500
I have light bar on roof and same windshield.have not had any glare with windshield up

B

BuckBrewer

Aug 26, 2018
Memphis
Ownership

1. 500
I have light bar on roof and same windshield.have not had any glare with windshield up
Thanks so much guys. Been outside putting on the d-SS pro side shooters. Got them installed and really impressed. A good spot light bar on the roof and I’m in high cotton! Thanks again. Picture is great.

Mdds

Mdds

Jul 29, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I put a angle iron bar with one side shaved a bit and attached it to the roll bars with u bolts...good and solid. I put my light bar on that, centered under the roof. Works great, protected from the branches and doesn’t interfere my vision. I’m 5’6.

lots of good ideas here from the other guys too.

Good luck. Any way is great to get the light out there.
48D4DBB9 1545 4E12 A8B6 6B2EF0174C1C

Reactions: Duckhunt

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!