P1000 Light bar with Honda roof on 1000-5

Busta1n2

Busta1n2

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m sure this is out there somewhere already but the search is giving me too many results.

Looking for pictures and info on the light bar and brackets used with the Honda roof.

I want to mount it up high by the roof line so it’s useful while plowing.

Thanks in advance!

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sometimes young Jedi, you must filter through the many to achieve your objective.

That being said put the light where you want it, and probably put a support brace on the back side for strengthening purposes. Also keep in mind that if you do any trail riding limbs could snag the light if mounted on the top. I personally would do the front lip hanging down and mount it as described.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi. I hope someone weighs in with a better response and wish you luck.
I needed light for plowing as well and chose Rough Country pod lights part way up the ROPS (doubles up with the windshield mount). I drive narrow trails in Pinyon Junipers and didn't want to hit the light up top.
This gives plenty of light over the blade.
[Edit: of course my setup won't work with a flip up windshield]

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This works very well. Couldn't find what I wanted, so made the brackets myself. The brackets mount to the roll cage corner reinforcing web using 1/4-20 rivet nuts - I didn't want bolts going all the way through both sides of the web as with some others I've seen).

20211017 113101

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m sure this is out there somewhere already but the search is giving me too many results.

Looking for pictures and info on the light bar and brackets used with the Honda roof.

I want to mount it up high by the roof line so it’s useful while plowing.

Thanks in advance!
I know your not finding
“the answer” smack dam 💥 Right in front of you, as why you asked it in another thread after this one. so I asked u questions u already have here. Besides the #POIDH of your rig🤣
Do Michigan a solid eh!!

Anyway, there really isnt anything out there thats OEM or made for the rig for your light bar to attach to the roof you can just click on and buy. Most that did a full light-bar like myself but mine is near the hood have fabed there own brackets to fit. Looks like thats where your at, or just get yourself some powerful pods and mount them to the hood. There a few good write ups on this in the search up top. Im dumping the light bar and going back to that set up. Hope this helps with your quest for the holy grail! 🍷

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This works very well. Couldn't find what I wanted, so made the brackets myself. The brackets mount to the roll cage corner reinforcing web using 1/4-20 rivet nuts - I didn't want bolts going all the way through both sides of the web as with some others I've seen).

View attachment 364204
How do you keep it so clean?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A light bar, mounted as high as practicable, gives the best distance, perspective, etc. There are two disadvantages, it makes the install more difficult, and it can put the light bar in harm's way (mine is mounted below the roofline and there aren't a lot of obstructions here). In post #4 above, you can also see my pod light install (great for seeing rocks and stuff off to the sides. In no way do the pod lights come close to lighting up the scenery as the 54" curved light bar - which is just astonishing).

Downside, a high mounted lightbar, to a greater extent than a lower light, can cause a lot of glare in rain and snow.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Being that I know jack diddly squat about snow plowing.......would'nt installing some light(s) on the actual plow work better? Just have a dedicated circuit with a plug-and-play harness for when ever the plow is in use??? 🤷‍♂️ seems that might work, in theory anyways.....

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Being that I know jack diddly squat about snow plowing.......would'nt installing some light(s) on the actual plow work better? Just have a dedicated circuit with a plug-and-play harness for when ever the plow is in use??? 🤷‍♂️ seems that might work, in theory anyways.....
That can and does work on a lot of truck-mounted plows, so it sure would on a SxS. I also use my lights on the trail so I kept it simple with one setup.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

It would work but leaves the lights and wiring vulnerable to damage. Plowing snow isn't always as clean a job as it appears. Pushing heavy snow up into old crusty piles, backing out and dragging a bunch with you. Pushing snow over the top of the blade, plowing when it's more like sleet than snow and you get a layer of ice on everything. Again, it would work but you'd have to keep a watchful eye on those lens' and wiring.

Busta1n2

Busta1n2

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know your not finding
“the answer” smack dam 💥 Right in front of you, as why you asked it in another thread after this one. so I asked u questions u already have here. Besides the #POIDH of your rig🤣
Do Michigan a solid eh!!

Anyway, there really isnt anything out there thats OEM or made for the rig for your light bar to attach to the roof you can just click on and buy. Most that did a full light-bar like myself but mine is near the hood have fabed there own brackets to fit. Looks like thats where your at, or just get yourself some powerful pods and mount them to the hood. There a few good write ups on this in the search up top. Im dumping the light bar and going back to that set up. Hope this helps with your quest for the holy grail! 🍷
Hey shipmate - not many pics on the phone so I added the best I have.

Ordered these mounts and we will see how they work.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
K

kyrider1000

Oct 4, 2022
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi. I hope someone weighs in with a better response and wish you luck.
I needed light for plowing as well and chose Rough Country pod lights part way up the ROPS (doubles up with the windshield mount). I drive narrow trails in Pinyon Junipers and didn't want to hit the light up top.
This gives plenty of light over the blade.
[Edit: of course my setup won't work with a flip up windshield]
View attachment 364198
What windshield is that ? Looks tinted . Im in kentucky where it can get hot here in the summer , does the vents work good ?

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What windshield is that ? Looks tinted . Im in kentucky where it can get hot here in the summer , does the vents work good ?
Seizmik. The vents work fine. They're big enough to stir the air when you're traveling at speed, but maybe a little too small to really make a lot of difference. It's not tinted.

I had Kolpin Flip Up on my last rig. Between the two, I'm happier with the Seizmik. I don't need the vents that much and I rarely used the flip up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!