P700 Light Bars

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Im sure no light is ever enough but I had every intention of adding a light bar but once I upgraded the bulbs in the headlights from the ones I got from Amazon for $35, it quickly went to the bottom of the list and probably not going to do it. Since then I put in:
A switch panel
Two backup lights (from the store)
A bluetooth soundbar
Foglights
27" Tusks
Bedmat

I think I am just going to ride it now...hahaah.

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Im more challenged with finding WHERE to ride...haha. I also have another money pit floating in the water that takes my time that is going to start up soon. Had to replace one of the engines last year so it better be "good" this year. Im pretty happy w/ the P700, not a hunter and do not own a farm so tunes/reliability/cooler is all I need. I am looking at doing something to box in the storage under drivers seat though....dont want wasted space. I am also considering the back cloth panel because the windshield sucks dust up into the back, going to see first if I need that because when it gets warm, the windshield is coming off.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Im sure no light is ever enough but I had every intention of adding a light bar but once I upgraded the bulbs in the headlights from the ones I got from Amazon for $35, it quickly went to the bottom of the list and probably not going to do it. Since then I put in:
A switch panel
Two backup lights (from the store)
A bluetooth soundbar
Foglights
27" Tusks
Bedmat

I think I am just going to ride it now...hahaah.

Agreed. My front light bar in the grill gets used very very little with the LED head lamps.

Reactions: Buggyman
KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
The windshield is nice in the summer, saves eating bugs, or getting a face full of dirt from your buddy riding in front of you. We have the Honda split window. Generally we have it opened about 4" to create an air flow thru the window and up to the roof. This seems to keep some of the trail dust down. However the faster you go the better the chance you'll get the dust and dirt from the back. Hey, the window is also nice when it starts raining while your on the trail.

We purchased the Honda mid fabric panel, which mounts directly behind the front seats of the 700-4. The panel works great on winter/cool rides to keep the draft down and retain a little heat. As for the summer with the panel, we'll see how that goes. With two of us ridding it may be useful to keep the backdraft dust down. When kids or others in the back seats we probably will remove it just for better communications, despite the fact it has a zipper window that can be opened.

Cheers

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The windshield is nice in the summer, saves eating bugs, or getting a face full of dirt from your buddy riding in front of you. We have the Honda split window. Generally we have it opened about 4" to create an air flow thru the window and up to the roof. This seems to keep some of the trail dust down. However the faster you go the better the chance you'll get the dust and dirt from the back. Hey, the window is also nice when it starts raining while your on the trail.

We purchased the Honda mid fabric panel, which mounts directly behind the front seats of the 700-4. The panel works great on winter/cool rides to keep the draft down and retain a little heat. As for the summer with the panel, we'll see how that goes. With two of us ridding it may be useful to keep the backdraft dust down. When kids or others in the back seats we probably will remove it just for better communications, despite the fact it has a zipper window that can be opened.

Cheers

Huge difference in heat and dust when removing the top half of the windshield vs opening it even fully opened. I can run a screaming agonizing bone chilling and rattling 43 down red dirt or white gravel roads with very little if any dust when it's removed.

All summer I run with no hard roof (canvas from Shybull for occasional rain and sun shade) and the top half of the windshield removed and it's a much more pleasant ride.

Of course it wont work with me following someone and yeah like @onecreeper said I will definitely eat a bug or 3 at dark. Will also get caught in the occasional storm, but it's worth it to me. My rides are river bottom dirt roads normally 30-50 miles a few evenings a week after work. Normally get home just at dark so the bugs only just starting up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!