P700 Lightbar placement with factory roof?

B

bassadict69

Nov 23, 2020
Benton, La
Ownership

1. 700-4
I believe I know the answer to this, but is the factory roof going to force me to mount the lightbar somwhere besides at the top of the windshield like I see others mounted?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure but for me the higher up the better

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
you will be able to mount it up high

B

bassadict69

Nov 23, 2020
Benton, La
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am bringing this back up...I had a tenant move out and he left behind a 51 or 52 inch lightbar he had mounted on his truck, so it has some brackets for that rather than the factory mounting brackets.

I have found the brackets they sell for mounting the lightbar down low on the windshield using the factory bolt locations. I would love to mount it high on the windshield...how can I do this with the factory hood that extends out and down a bit?

B

bassadict69

Nov 23, 2020
Benton, La
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am also needing some of the original L-type brackets that come on the lightbars...where might I find those?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made the mounts for my 54" curved light bar, as I didn't much care for the ones I saw on eBay.

I can't argue with @DaddyDubbs, a high mounted light in rain, fog etc. is a non-starter. But, for all other more clear lighting situations, a high mounted light gives better useful range and better perspective. It is more labor intensive to install, though I think for sure worth it.

I did a write-up on the install, posted a couple of years ago. The 1/4 - 20 bolts go into rivet nuts in just one side of the roll cage corner gusset. The ones I saw elsewhere used longer bolts through both sides of that gusset, but I thought the added clamping pressure on the gusset not the best way to go. What I did works well, it's solid, doesn't vibrate, and holds adjustment.

20211017 112959
20210806 122901

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Depending on current draw a relay may not be necessary, but it can't hurt and I like the added electrical protection. If you are not familiar here is a schematic on wiring a relay for lights.
Relay Wire

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!