Limited Quantity..

admin

admin

Your club! I just turn it on!
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
We have been told that many dealers will not be getting the quantity they ordered until late 2013 or early 14.
Bad news...
But good news is Honda is hard at work on them and will insure your Pioneer is built with high quality.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Sure didn't want to hear that. I was in touch with my dealer today and was told that they haven't been able to get too much info yet from the Honda reps.They did say that they were supposed to be meeting with them sometime this week and hopefully would have some answer's for me. Doesn't look to hopefull that I'll be driving one this year.

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
called my dealer too. they did not have a price. said they could only give me msrp. said they ordered 4. The guy said he had no clue when they would arrive. He talked like it may be a while b 4 he sees them.
not what i wanted to here

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well, I guess Honda does have a work load cut out for them. I'm sure they are trying to evaluate if the Pioneer will be a better seller then the Big Red. If they play it safe they did not plan for the demand to be as high as it is. If they out sale there plan it will take a while for them to catch up.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
It was described to me that dealerships are under a ordering program with Honda. When they sell and title one machine, the program automatically orders a new machine.

I'm guessing that if they have a few BigRed's in their inventory, they may have to sell them first. On the other hand, if the BigRed and the Pioneer are considered two different categories, maybe the program allows new orders despite the older inventory or maybe the dealer doesn't want to put out the funds to order more.

I do find it ironic how most dealers cannot say when they'll receive their first Pioneer, while one dealership I know is expecting some within weeks.
I am thinking however, that once the Pioneer is out in public view, the demand will continue to grow till the market is satisfied and sales settle into a managed pace.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
BigRiver said:
I am thinking however, that once the Pioneer is out in public view, the demand will continue to grow till the market is satisfied and sales settle into a managed pace.

Thats whats going to make it harder/longer for some of us to have to wait to see one in our garage.I figured by putting $$ down on one that it would hopefully speed up getting one. It should be like who ever puts money down should get one before some one who walks in, see's one and wants to buy one.Not fair to us who have paid a good chunk of $$ and have to wait longer. At least thats how I feel.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
If a dealer takes in a deposit, by all means they are obligated to complete the sale to the depositor as units become available.

In my case, the dealer will not take deposits until units are available to sell. What they have done is compile a calling list in order of requests. I was number 6, but have moved to to 3 or 4 as some didn't want to wait and bought a BigRed that was available.

Good things are worth waiting for!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, several dealers we have called have also said they will not take a deposit. They were making a call list and would call when they arrived. They could not give me a delivery time frame.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
My dealer has a 700-4 ordered for stock and he said the delivery date was sometime in August. He said by putting money down on a pioneer -2 I would get it sooner than waiting for one that would be in stock. I gave him $500 down in June but they weren't allowed to order the two seater untill July. The delivery date was sept. He said by getting my order in earlier I may get it sooner but reading some of these posts by the sounds of it I may not. It doesn't matter ill get it sooner or later.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, we all will see them soon enough. I think we all are just worked up and don't want to wait... Lol. They will be all over the place by november.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
The salesperson from the dealership I'm working with has told me that the owner is actually going to buy and title one of each to himself so that there will always be a demo available on site. Since they will be titled to him, they will automatically have a re-order status.

W

wilyrockstar

Jul 23, 2013
I put a deposit on the first Pioneer 700-4 in at my local dealer. They ordered 4 but where only authorized for 1. They believe they will be getting one sometime in August. They don't know what color it will be, but regardless, I'm sure I will take it! Also, I bought mine for quite a bit under MSRP, without a destination charge.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I suggest if anyone wants a pioneer ,that they put down a deposit and pre-order it. If you are waiting for your dealer to have one in stock that isn't spoken for,you could be waiting a while.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
I have a 4-seater on order scheduled for mid august delivery!! Cant wait!

R

rumrunner

Jul 23, 2013
@Swamper. Thats sweet... I bet you are excited.... I am just thinking I could see them in the next few weeks...
Did they give you a expected date or anything. Somebody was saying the 10th or something.

@wilyrockstar, what price did they give you?

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
I'm told the Pioneer 4's leave SC Aug 6th and first one should b available at dealers the following week. I was quoted $700 below retail-no destination charges from one dealer. Another dealer quoted me $900 above retail. Shop around fellas some dealers want to stick it to you.

W

wilyrockstar

Jul 23, 2013
I've been told to expect them in our store approximately August 8. That info came from a friend who also pre-ordered. I think he is number 3 on the list. I'm number 1!

@rumrunner - I got mine for $10,800 - so did my buddy - plus tax, title and ORV sticker. When I priced shopped they were by far the cheapest. I was quoted MSRP plus $300 at another dealer.

C

cannon

Jul 31, 2013
I dont have the $ to put down one one.. I want to trade my Rancher for a Pioneer as the down payment. I dont want to be without a ride. I dont want to have to wait till next year eather.

W

wilyrockstar

Jul 23, 2013
UPDATE: My Pioneer is shipping on Monday the 12th of August. It should be here in the middle of that week and ready for pickup by the end of the week! This came from the dealer's inventory tracking which shows the shipments scheduled from Honda. Another good bit of news, mine is coming RED!

Can anyone else confirm when they are getting theirs?

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
@wilyrockstar - Ditto for me!! Mine will be Red too! Talked to my dealer on Monday I was given the exact info.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!