jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I put 32" tire on my 2020 talon and I'm looking for a little more power. I dont want to go as far as a turbo but I'm looking for a few things I can do that will really make a difference. Any ideas?

Reactions: Biteme and Isaiah
TalonR65

TalonR65

Mar 29, 2020
Tucson AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Go back to 28” tires. That’s what the gear ratio was designed around. Taller tires rob power. Look good or run good. Choices.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
What R65 said! More volume of air would help some. If I had a Talon, a Turbo would be on my wish list.

Reactions: Biteme
jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well 28" tires are not an option now that I have 32"s. It will still turn them just would like a little bit more
Turbo is $7000 a lot more than i want to spend

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I keep hearing people on the FB groups bragging about tunes, especially ones like the Hess Motorsports one. Need to do some more investigation but sure sounds promising to me. I personally do not want to change the exhaust. I like it quiet so I can communicate with my wife while we are riding. Seems like just about every aftermarket exhaust I've heard is too loud for my taste. .

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I agree, I don't want a loud exhaust. The slip-on I linked above is called the NSL (Not So Loud) exhaust but the only way to determine if it's too loud for me is to hear one in person.

Reactions: Biteme and CID
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I agree, I don't want a loud exhaust. The slip-on I linked above is called the NSL (Not So Loud) exhaust but the only way to determine if it's too loud for me is to hear one in person.

Linking video of that exhaust and it seems too loud for us but maybe not for most people. I figure if Jackson says to retain the factory exhaust with the turbo then the factory exhaust tunes should be able to get more fun also. Still debating on what to do but will probably go with the Jess at some point.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Alba Racing claims 7-10hp increase with their exhaust and ECU re-flash for about $1000

He could go back to 28" tires for $600 vs. $1k on an exhaust and tune. Diminishing returns for $$$$ spent.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
He could go back to 28" tires for $600 vs. $1k on an exhaust and tune. Diminishing returns for $$$$ spent.

Not sure about his motives but for us and where we ride we need the ground clearance so sticking with the 32's. We live in a freakin' rock pile. That's why we would like to do with the tune. I'd back up on tire size if I lived somewhere else.

jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I love the 32's and the ground clearance so I would never go back to 28's I understand that would give me my power back but like TerryH said the 32's are a must in TN and GA. Its not like it has lost all power it just needs a little bit more for my liking. The Talon is a BEAST

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I love the 32's and the ground clearance so I would never go back to 28's I understand that would give me my power back but like TerryH said the 32's are a must in TN and GA. Its not like it has lost all power it just needs a little bit more for my liking. The Talon is a BEAST

My sentiments exactly. Nothing wrong with the current power level but more would be nice as always. The $6k turbo kit is never going to happen on mine but the tune looks like a pretty economical way to get that extra power that we all apparently want.

Reactions: CID
jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have talked to the rep for trinity exhaust and he told me that full exhaust and tuner would make a noticeable change for $1300 plus tax and my dealer in the area has the slipon exhaust on a talon and said it sounds really good maybe a little louder but not much. I just dont know what loud is to him, I just want to be able to hear my radio

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Agreed on not going back to 28's no matter the power loss. I need all the ground clearance I can get.

49336931653 82bdac5623 h

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I keep hearing people on the FB groups bragging about tunes, especially ones like the Hess Motorsports one. Need to do some more investigation but sure sounds promising to me. I personally do not want to change the exhaust. I like it quiet so I can communicate with my wife while we are riding. Seems like just about every aftermarket exhaust I've heard is too loud for my taste. .
Not this one EVOLUTION POWERSPORTS

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I put 32" tire on my 2020 talon and I'm looking for a little more power. I dont want to go as far as a turbo but I'm looking for a few things I can do that will really make a difference. Any ideas?
Yeah I went to 32's and regret it. 30's were fine. The Honda is probably 30-50 hp low. A tuner and exhaust will get you 8-10 hp. That's all you can do. I mean the talon, it's equal to a non turbo RZR up to 55, but 55-74 mph is where you notice.

I don't like the 32's since now using engine compression down hill I have to hit my brakes where before I didn't. I bought 12oClockLabs speedo/odo device to get mph & miles correct. I didn't like how the 32s effected the shift points, and in braking is not as good, seems harder to slow and stop. Ride and handling is good. Mileage went up maybe 1 mpg or so.

Reactions: TripleB
jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I climbed the devils elbow @ windrock when all the razors were setting at the bottom scared to go up it. But at the top I high centered and had to winch about 2 feet. So going down on tire size is not an option. It had the power to do it just looking for that little bit more

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!