BOX1

Local dealerships.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I will start off by saying I try to buy local and support our community, but everyone has to stretch a buck these days. I had a dealer price a 2018 deluxe almost 800 above list and won't budge. This is anywhere from 2500-3000 more than other dealers. Also they told me if I didn't buy from them don't bring it to them for warranty or service work. How can one stay in business doing this. And they wonder why smaller communities are falling.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I will start off by saying I try to buy local and support our community, but everyone has to stretch a buck these days. I had a dealer price a 2018 deluxe almost 800 above list and won't budge. This is anywhere from 2500-3000 more than other dealers. Also they told me if I didn't buy from them don't bring it to them for warranty or service work. How can one stay in business doing this. And they wonder why smaller communities are falling.

That's just the way some choose to do business. I recently moved from IL to TN, the best deals in IL I had were from Lemonds Honda in Fairfield, IL over the years bought a dozen Honda fourtrax atv's and my 2015 Pioneer 500 which them MSRP at $8400, got it for $7300 OTD no tax (farm use).

Reactions: O2bsmitty
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I would call Honda and tell them what you were told about warranty work. I'm sure they would love to talk to that dealer.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

It sucks but that’s they way some people are. Tell them how you feel by taking your money elsewhere. I drove 2.5hrs, to get away from popo pusher mulitbrand dealers. I don’t even buy parts there.

If they want the purchase they should make it worth your while to pay more or drop the price.

Reactions: Gator and O2bsmitty
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
With a 2500$ difference I would drive to buy but don't want to get run around on service or warranty work. I can understand taking care of "your" customers first but to tell someone not to bring it to them is crazy. If they would of showed some kind of interest in selling I would of considered buying from them but they put a price and that was it. Made an offer and they laughed at me and said no.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't understand that business method.
Everyone I know complains about our local dealer. We all drive 30 miles to the next dealer and get much better prices and service.

There are two shops around here that do great repair and service. I only take mine to the dealer for warranty work.

I also do a lot of the work myself.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't understand that business method.
Everyone I know complains about our local dealer. We all drive 30 miles to the next dealer and get much better prices and service.

There are two shops around here that do great repair and service. I only take mine to the dealer for warranty work.

I also do a lot of the work myself.
I will do service work myself but would like the dealer to do first break in service just to check everything out.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Drove 2 hours to another state to buy my Pioneer.

Was out the door with my rig with a Honda hard top, a Honda glass windshield, a Honda hard back window, a Warn 4500 super winch and a Moose snow plow, for the same price that the two local dealers wanted for the bare machine! Local dealer grudgingly did the first service after a weeks wait. Went back to the dealer that I bought from for the updates and the 600 mile check up. IF I buy another, I'll drive the two hours gladly.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Drove 2 hours to another state to buy my Pioneer.

Was out the door with my rig with a Honda hard top, a Honda glass windshield, a Honda hard back window, a Warn 4500 super winch and a Moose snow plow, for the same price that the two local dealers wanted for the bare machine! Local dealer grudgingly did the first service after a weeks wait. Went back to the dealer that I bought from for the updates and the 600 mile check up. IF I buy another, I'll drive the two hours gladly.
Where I am looking to buy is in tn about 5 hrs away. I guess me and wife could do weekend getaways for services and repairs. Lol. Maybe be close enough we could meet up with some of the members and do a Friday apt and a Saturday ride with them.

Reactions: elkguide
DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm luck about this, my local dealer came with-in $200 of my best price anywhere, called me to do the clutch update and gave the cab cooling kit because he saw that I had already done the fan, insulation thing under the seat. Said if I wanted some or all of the parts "go for it".
VERY happy. Parts and accessory prices are almost as good as on-line!

R

raypa

Oct 31, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anybody had their first service check up including the valve check performed? Was this covered or did you pay for the service? I’m getting quotes from the dealership I bought it at for $300 he and other dealerships upwards of $600 to check the valves recommended at the first oil change.

I was disappointed to learn that this service wasn’t covered under the warranty. I can see paying for the oil change and what not but the valves should be covered by Honda for the check up if they recommend it.

I too had to go to another town to buy my 1000–5 because it was thousands cheaper.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Haven't adjusted my valves yet and well over 750 miles.

R

raypa

Oct 31, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not going to get it done either because of the expense. I was quoted by the cheapest person 300 to check the valves and if they were out of adjustment I needed to pay upwards of 450 because it requires Shim kits. I would assume that this would be a warranty item as it has only hit the first oil change.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!