BOX1

P500 Locker and power steering.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Just wanted to report my experience with a new locker and power steering. I Added a locker to the p5 earlier in the summer. Works great and made a big difference in the machine. Places I would have to hit hard to get over I can crawl over now. The only negative was It did make it real hard to steer in 4wd. Last week I added power steering and now it’s a completely different machine. Can’t even tell there is a locker in the front any more. Had me checking to see if the locker was still working lol. Both additions are kind of pricey but I think it’s worth it.

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
I've watched the video of the locker install. How did it go for you? About how long did it take? I did the Tusk power steering on mine and could believe how quick that was to install.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
The locker install is not too bad probably two hours. The power steering install was easy and I could probably do it in less than one hour but on my machine I had some heater hoses in the way and needed to relocate them.

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
After doing the power steering once I'm sure I could do it a second time in half an hour. Hardest part was pushing wires back through to the battery. If I did it again I would install a bus bar up front for easy access to power. Maybe even do the second battery install right away. I'll see how below zero starts go here in northern MN. If a problem the second battery will be installed. Always have a booster pac with anyway.

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
A locker and PS is a great combo. A completely different feel. All working fine after a couple of years. The best part is all the install info is on this forum.

6485BF9C 0623 4C33 96B3 D490A7CDCA4D B7C6101B 9CFB 42AB 8608 3E62FC5AAA08

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
After doing the power steering once I'm sure I could do it a second time in half an hour. Hardest part was pushing wires back through to the battery. If I did it again I would install a bus bar up front for easy access to power. Maybe even do the second battery install right away. I'll see how below zero starts go here in northern MN. If a problem the second battery will be installed. Always have a booster pac with anyway.
I just connected it to my cables that run from the battery to the winch relay under the hood. You are correct running the wires back to the battery would be the worst part.

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
H

Hoop

I recently installed Torq Locker. Did not notice any noise and very little increased steering effort. Then installed Rugged power steering. Tied into winch wiring and power outlet for switched 12v. 500 is a different machine. Highly recommend this combination.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I recently installed Torq Locker. Did not notice any noise and very little increased steering effort. Then installed Rugged power steering. Tied into winch wiring and power outlet for switched 12v. 500 is a different machine. Highly recommend this combination.

Absotively ... and then 27s :)

Reactions: Mudder
H

Hoop

Installed 26 's on stock rims

WIN 20201009 172835 WIN 20201009 172524

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!