P500 Long term Kenda HTR Radial insights needed.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Guys looking to purchase the Kenda HTR Radials and was thinking in 26x11x12s or possibly the 27s for all corners and mount on my 5-2 x12 Rims. Looking for insights, wear performance and size you run on your 500. Currently running AMS Slingshots in 26x11x12 and they have been an excellent tire, wear like iron and are a great all round tire. They are down (guessing 50-60 %) and have 3000 Kms plus on them, I’d get another set, but wanna try radials. True mounted size would be handy to know as well as many are undersized. The Slingshots run true 26” diameter and are 10.5 mounted and the gear ratio seems just about right to me running basically stock engine.

TIA,
j

H

highpocks

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2016
prescott mi
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Guys looking to purchase the Kenda HTR Radials and was thinking in 26x11x12s or possibly the 27s for all corners and mount on my 5-2 x12 Rims. Looking for insights, wear performance and size you run on your 500. Currently running AMS Slingshots in 26x11x12 and they have been an excellent tire, wear like iron and are a great all round tire. They are down (guessing 50-60 %) and have 3000 Kms plus on them, I’d get another set, but wanna try radials. True mounted size would be handy to know as well as many are undersized. The Slingshots run true 26” diameter and are 10.5 mounted and the gear ratio seems just about right to me running basically stock engine.

TIA,
j
jcart i have 27x9x12 on all 4 corners kenda bearclaw htr and i love them so far on the front i notice a little rub but nothing serious i have the 5-2 off set wheels i gained 2 in. ground clerance with this set up hope this helps you

Reactions: trigger
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I run htrs 26x9x12’s all around on my 500. Appx 2200 miles on them and the tread is at around 50-60%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
So I ended up with 27”by 11” by 12s on 5-2 rims, they do touch on the front (just) at almost full lock and compressed a bit. It’s just on a push pin for my front mud flaps. Not ridden a whole lot in the last year new nubs are barely worn off. I will say I’m super pleased with the Kenda HTRs, so smooth, great traction in snow, wet dirt and mix of trail and gravel roads @ 5-6 psi. Not had the opportunity for any hard core mud yet. I did install Elka Stage 3s last year too and as a combo, I’m really impressed. Easily can run in 1 to 2 gears higher then stock. Have only fully bottomed out a couple time and I’ve not adjusted from factory setting. I’d say to improve ride get radials first, then Elkas second as the radials make a significant improvement. I might try re installing my anti sway as I notice on corner carrying speed it’s not as solid in the corners now. Appreciate all the comments and inputs from a year ago.
Cheers,
J

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So I ended up with 27”by 11” by 12s on 5-2 rims, they do touch on the front (just) at almost full lock and compressed a bit. It’s just on a push pin for my front mud flaps. Not ridden a whole lot in the last year new nubs are barely worn off. I will say I’m super pleased with the Kenda HTRs, so smooth, great traction in snow, wet dirt and mix of trail and gravel roads @ 5-6 psi. Not had the opportunity for any hard core mud yet. I did install Elka Stage 3s last year too and as a combo, I’m really impressed. Easily can run in 1 to 2 gears higher then stock. Have only fully bottomed out a couple time and I’ve not adjusted from factory setting. I’d say to improve ride get radials first, then Elkas second as the radials make a significant improvement. I might try re installing my anti sway as I notice on corner carrying speed it’s not as solid in the corners now. Appreciate all the comments and inputs from a year ago.
Cheers,
J

It's because of the wide front tires. I'm experiencing the same thing and have slowed way down in the corners. It's a little better now running higher PSI in the fronts. I'm okay with it, not really a drifting type machine anyway and this thing's a beast when it comes to crawling in sketchy sh**. Mine are 26 x 11's and don't rub at all with 5+2 offset, had 1" spacers on it too and it rubbed bad.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
It's because of the wide front tires. I'm experiencing the same thing and have slowed way down in the corners. It's a little better now running higher PSI in the fronts. I'm okay with it, not really a drifting type machine anyway and this thing's a beast when it comes to crawling in sketchy sh**. Mine are 26 x 11's and don't rub at all with 5+2 offset, had 1" spacers on it too and it rubbed bad.

I’ll give that a whirl and play with front air pressure thanks for the input trigger. It’s not that it’s terrible, just would like to tighten up the drift feeling a titch. And you’re correct they are little beasts heh heh.
Thanks again.
j

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!