JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Guys,

Finally have installed aftermarket exhaust and ridden for a while, definitely an improvement in breathability. Seems I can run in higher gear(s) with lower RPM, when in need of more power can just give it more throttle, whereas prior I’d have to shift down. So in essence slightly broader torque/hp than stock and this is running 27’s so I’d say exhaust is worth the hassle. Periodically I’m getting a bit of backfire on deceleration and wonder if this is due too lean of fuel/air mix? Guess it might make sense as fuel is effectively shut off when off throttle.

Moving forward I’d like to hear from those that have done power programers. What have you experienced and is it worth the effort? I’m looking for better low to mid range power, ideally if a programer would improve/increase this I might look at changing final drive mod and still run my 27” radials.

Any downside e.g., more fuel usage, sore cheeks from perma-grin, sore necks from huge G-force increase...

Thanks in advance,
j

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I put in a Dobeck AFR, K&N and HMF over the winter and I'm seeing the same results you've indicated. It's definitely breathing better and running cooler. I've noticed more power in the midrange and mine will also backfire when decelerating. It did lower my top end as the speed limiter is kicking in at 41, used to be 43. Seems to suck a little more fuel than it used to when running high rpm's for a long period of time.
It sounds better, looks cool and adds some midrange power but was it worth the time and money...not really. Not as big of a reward as shocks or PS. Just my 2.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I put in a Dobeck AFR, K&N and HMF over the winter and I'm seeing the same results you've indicated. It's definitely breathing better and running cooler. I've noticed more power in the midrange and mine will also backfire when decelerating. It did lower my top end as the speed limiter is kicking in at 41, used to be 43. Seems to suck a little more fuel than it used to when running high rpm's for a long period of time.
It sounds better, looks cool and adds some midrange power but was it worth the time and money...not really. Not as big of a reward as shocks or PS. Just my 2.

Thanks Trigger,
Great to have your input. Biggest reward for me so far has been shocks and radials, still find myself flinchin on big or sharp bumps/ditches unbelievably floats over, so much fun to rip along on narrow trails now. Hmmm toss up then in terms of cost (o’ course being in Canada), it’ll be similar to PS (versus programer) and I want both. What ta do, I know as soon as I put on PS, I’ll be WTH....why did I wait so long. I don’t mind the steering now, suppose if I installed PS, wifey (and the 100+lbs dog) would be HOGGIN it all the time. Bad enough now having to ride around in the back of her Touareg, (dog on front seat) least the windows are tinted and I can’t be seen.

Thanks again for the input.
j

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!