Looking at a Stryker 2313 toy hauler

T

Tommyp

Dec 2, 2017
Covington La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at a Stryker 2313 toy hauler for a 1000-5, any thoughts?

T

Tommyp

Dec 2, 2017
Covington La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven’t seen one in person yet, just looking a specs on the internet. They have one in Baton Rouge I am going to look at this week. Looks like it might fit, but might have to remove 1 upper cabinet.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea make sure you get good measurements. I'm not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for.

Any camper/toy hauler under $100k is a cheap box with fiberglass on the outside. They aren't built to last.. Make sure it has adequate tires and axles. Make sure you can park the machine far enough forward to avoid fish tailing. Probably will have to back the pioneer in to accomplish that on the unit you're looking at.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Haven’t seen one in person yet, just looking a specs on the internet. They have one in Baton Rouge I am going to look at this week. Looks like it might fit, but might have to remove 1 upper cabinet.
That’s why he said “got any pics?”
even if it’s links from the enerweb. Or see it physically and get very good measurements of your rig and it. Plus weight specs, truck specs for pulling it also. Hard to comment on something without seeing it. All very important.

Reactions: Rick53 and JenElio
T

Tommyp

Dec 2, 2017
Covington La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went today and looked at the Stryker, would have to redo the upper cabinet by trimming it to where it only sticks out about 6 inches so the roof would clear. Left there and lookEd at a Grand Design. About $4000 More but in a different class all together. It’s close and may have to take the roof off but better than hacking up a $40,000 trailer.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Grand design makes nice stuff. Which model?

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington
HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went today and looked at the Stryker, would have to redo the upper cabinet by trimming it to where it only sticks out about 6 inches so the roof would clear. Left there and lookEd at a Grand Design. About $4000 More but in a different class all together. It’s close and may have to take the roof off but better than hacking up a $40,000 trailer.

The Honda roof comes off quite easily with the clamps, takes 2-minutes, you gain about 4"

Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just going to throw this out there but, chopping the roof on the pioneer is also an option. There are some really good threads here on the DIY and how tos. My 2 cents

Good luck, and.........pics or it didn't happen!

B

BrianM

Aug 14, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Be sure to pull it in to check fit. Measuring might be deceiving. When you pull the wheels over the trailer wheel and it leans the UTV sideways it may surprise you what is in the way.

Update: I just looked at pics and maybe this doesn't have wheel well humps inside?

T

Tommyp

Dec 2, 2017
Covington La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think most newer toy haulers have flat floors. No trailer wheel wells. At least the ones we looked at did.

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!