BOX1

Looking for flashlight recommendations.

Sted1201

Sted1201

Jan 4, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This works for me, both spot and flood. Plus uses same battery as my cordless tools

View attachment 335197
I highly recommend this light too. I have a large farm and the flood is bright and powerful for tractor work at night in a field or emergency work it will light up an area 50yards. The spot will easily reach out to 400 yds. AND ITS TOUGH!!! My workers have yet to destroy one.

LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
flash torch mini, looks handy and super bright, and can start a fire, and you can stand it up put a small pan over it and cook and heat food!! Landscape 1477337395 firess

O

OldMan187

Dec 2, 2020
Louisville, KY
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I just recently purchased this from Sams Club as this is a brand new item. It is super bright and as a bonus it can charge my electronic devices with it's 10000mAH battery but also has a jump starter which should work on most SxS's as they don't need much cranking power. I have not tried the jump starter but everything seems to be of decent quality. The cost is $120

Screenshot 20220524 150614 Chrome

17LE

17LE

Dec 10, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Fenix PD36R would be my recommendation.
Decent discounts when a I bought mine. $85. if I remember.
excellent all around flashlight. Don't let the size fool you. It makes the coyotes show up a half mile away.

K

KPM

Nov 25, 2021
Prairieville LA
Ownership

1. 500
I have Fenix, o light, and Streamlight. I think the fenix is my favorite but the others have their place. Now that I think about it I never met a flashlight I didn’t like and one always seems to follow me home.

The one I carry the most-

Streamlight 66608 250 Lumen... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DLZXZV1?tag=sxsweb24-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HondaFarmer62

Mar 26, 2021
Nebraska - East Central
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
This Milwaukee works great for us on our farm. There are two switches, an on/off switch and a spot, flood and spot/flood switch. The flood option works great for working under vehicles, in tractors or fixing fence. The spot light option will beam out to over 400 yards! The spot/flood option is the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Backwoods and CID
RalphFlow

RalphFlow

Sep 7, 2022
Dallas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Often, night hunters or observers prefer underbarrel models. This type of flash light has a special mount with which it is attached to the barrel of your weapon. The convenience of such models lies in the fact that the hunter's hands are completely free. And this means you can simultaneously illuminate the space around (while not losing sight of the target) and shoot. A remote power button provides additional convenience. It is installed conveniently for the shooter and allows you not to constantly reach under the barrel of the weapon to turn on the flashlight. I am using this flashlight. It is small and compact but has a very strong and distant illumination, and there is a mode for both spotlighting and volumetric lighting.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I know. Year old thread. Thing is, I’m just so pleased with how this came out, I have to do a little bragging.
I had a Milwaukee M18 9aH battery crap out. Finally got around to taking it apart, not without a few quick sparks. The end result was I had 19 out of 25 18650 batteries still good.
Over the years I managed to collect a few MagLites, two 2D and one 3D. Luckily none of the batteries had leaked yet. I wanted to find a way to use the 18650s in the MagLites.
Because 18650s run around 4v, I only trusted the 3D lamp to hold up, so I replaced the lamps with LEDs from Amazon.
GLGYCB P13.5S PR2 LED Bulb Flashlight Replacement Led Conversion kit 2D 3D 4d Cell Bulbs 3W 3V 4.5V 6V for 2-4C&D LED Bulbs 4Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2J1455K?tag=sxsweb24-20
To make the batteries fit I used some ‘stuff’ found laying around in the shed. I also had to modify the bend in the tail cap spring to contact the back of the battery.
The 3/4” PVC had to be split lengthwise on the table saw to be able to squeeze fit it into the 1” PVC. Drilling the dowel through was tough to keep centered, but in the end it helps to be off center, as the copper wire is bent toward center anyway.
I did all three MagLites and a cheapo plastic 2D flashlight. All of them work great. I shook them, tapped them, and slapped them, the light never blinked.
Obviously, the PVC and dowel had to be longer for the 3D cell MagLite.
IMG 0343
IMG 0344

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!